North Carolina

Alterations in the Triad!!!! Awesome!

I have heard Olga is great! But I cant afford to make the 2 hour trip back and forth twice. So I had to go elsewhere.
English's Bridal in Clemmons.

AWESOME!!! I have a Maggie Sottero gown which has A LOT of detail and tulle. I had to have it taken in 2 inches and a 10 point bustle put on. She did absolutly amazing. and the price was even better.

I suggest that you try them. I could not be any happier with my gown. Im so excited!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Alterations in the Triad!!!! Awesome!

• Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you mind sharing what you had done and price?  You can pm me or send an email to ekuhnlein at hotmail.com.  I've been getting prices from different places and am curious to see what those are. 
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you had a good experience!  I'm planning on making the drive to Olga since that was the only positive review of alterations that I had heard of once I got my dress.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jesscolettajesscoletta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I did have a great expierence. I was going to go to olga, but I just cant make that trip. It is 2 hours from my house, there and back, then again at the end of the summer. Also she was so full I just needed to try someone else.

Beth--i sent you a PM :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad your experience went well. I'm shocked. Kim Yount is the seamstress working on my dress. I bought my dress from English's Bridal in Clemmons and it is currently 8 days to my wedding and today my dress was still in 2 unfishished pieces.

What I asked her to do:
    Take out the zipper
    Make a "modesty" piece to cover the back
    Create loops and a ribbon to corset close the dress
    Take it in a touch at the hips
    Detach the train at the knees and reattach it with velcro

Cost: $215

What's done:
    The hips are taken in
    The zipper is gone
    The bottom has been detached
    The modesty piece is pinned in place
    The loops are pinned in place

I NEARLY CRIED!!! Cry She's doing a beautiful job, but I'd suggest to anyone who is forced to use her....LIE ABOUT WHEN YOU NEED YOUR DRESS! She's had well over a month to work on it and today was nothing but "I wasn't sure" and "I couldn't remember what we'd decided" excuses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards