New Jersey

Who's Your Photographer?

Please recommend your photographer!

Also, is one photographer enough or do I need to hire their second photographer option?  I'm having about 150 people to give you an idea.

Thanks!

Re: Who's Your Photographer?

• Melvin7712Melvin7712 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Stephanie Jones.  We are having two photographers for pre-ceremony (one with the girls, one with the guys) and ceremony in church...then just Stephanie for reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ChobotChobot member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany Atlas. Co worker used her and SHE has very beautiful photo journalistic pics. She has an assistant.

I think having two has advantages, Groom/Bride getting ready. ceremony angles, one photog with you during reception while the other gets guests.. 
    PM me for more details if ya want.
  • dsimone43dsimone43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  We hired:
    http://www.jamesandchristine.com/

They are awesome and come as a pair.  I have known them for years.  Photojournalist and beautiful albums if you are into that. 

I second all of the 2 photog advantages... and I was also told that you can get more angles? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ricky Restiano - he's based in Westchester but he'll travel anywhere & is absolutely amazing!! 

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using AgaImages. It's a husband/wife team so they come for the price of one. I really like the photojournalistic aspect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nfresco25nfresco25 member
    edited December 2011
    Photography by Orlando.
  • edited December 2011
    Matt Rainey who we ADORE.

We're using a second photographer, but we have just over 200 people coming.  I also like having a second vantage point for the pictures.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Matthew Douglas Photography!  We had 2 photographers, Just got our initial Album Design back!! It came out great!
  • GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're real excited about our choice:  Robert Wayne Photography.  We love his style, he offers wonderful albums, he seems like a great guy to work with, and we felt he was pretty modestly priced.
  • moyajenechkamoyajenechka member
    edited December 2011
    We love our photographer! Julian Ribinik - www.julianribinik.com
  • katcur76katcur76 member
    edited December 2011
    We're using Jennifer Starr- shutterstarrphotography.com - love her! She did a wonderful job on our engagement pictures, designed our Save the Dates, and is creating our picture guestbook.
  • edited December 2011
    I second Julian Ribinik!!!! Gorgerous work!!!
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_whos-photographer-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c6656f12-a2d7-4307-bea4-8fe9565cbaaaPost:066b4459-0a41-41dd-b15c-5bd972f7f617">Re: Who's Your Photographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Jennifer Starr- shutterstarrphotography.com - love her! She did a wonderful job on our engagement pictures, designed our Save the Dates, and is creating our picture guestbook.
    Posted by katcur76[/QUOTE]

<div>We're using RyoNo Photo, but Jennifer Starr was our second choice! She is so sweet. My photog, Ryon, is a-freakin-mazing. We should be getting our e-pics back within the week. He comes with an assistant who also shoots, so we didn't have to hire a separate photographer.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.ryonophoto.com" rel='nofollow'>www.ryonophoto.com</a></div>
  • edited December 2011
    I second Julian Ribinik!!!! Gorgerous work!!!
  • GiGiV2012GiGiV2012 member
    edited December 2011
    Jason Rhee Photography... I'm having 120-130 people and I feel like just my one photographer is enough.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jason Rhee as well.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We're using Sean Patrick. We will have a second shooter for all the reasons pp's listed above.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We are using PhotosmadeEz in Raritan. Working with Mou and she is great!

---The Nest makes me wanna---
    imageimage
    ---Started TTC 12/1/11---
    Cycle 1 - 13 BFN
    Cycle 14 Surgery complete! BFP on 2/27/13!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC buddies with sparklingdiamond and amandaf6383
  • buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using McKay Imaging.  They are amazing, such a sweet husband and wife team that does amazing work.  They are a little pricey but totally worth it.  For me, photography was most important (dare I say, maybe more than my dress??) so I definitely wanted a 2nd shooter.  I want all the best shots!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Michael Dempsey- we're having (crossing fingers) 125 people.  He will have a 2nd person shooting with him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Stephen Talylor Photography
    Nov 2012 Siggy: The ring!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Bleu Studio...we're having 2 photographers as well
  • edited December 2011
    Brad Ross! Awesome Photographer. Unique and Creative.

I'm using a second shooter. I want photos of us both getting ready, I want out first look from multiple angles and I want the ceremony from multiple angles.

www.bradross.net
  • DianaF312DianaF312 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andres Valenzuela - he'll have a 2nd shooter too at the wedding.
  • mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jason Rhee, just signed our contract and put the deposit
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LJN414LJN414 member
    edited December 2011
    John Arcara! He's an amazingly talented photog and also happens to be a really great, hilarious guy. I'm so excited for him to shoot our wedding! (We're using a second shooter too.)

Edited because I can't spell today. : /
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Photo Pink. They do outstanding work and are fantastic to work with. I feel like I'm talking to my friends everytime I email or talk to them on the phone. Great group of super talented people!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JF in Cranford. Great work!
  • edited December 2011
    Kate Connolly!!!
  • Lauren2426Lauren2426 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julian Ribinik!!!
This discussion has been closed.