New Jersey

Confused about how to send invitations to...

This time I have a question that my fiance suggested I should ask here (so you can see how we don’t have a clue about what to do…lol).

There is a couple that have always invited fiancé and I to their 4th of July party at their house every year.  They are very nice people.  Unfortunately this couple recently have divorced.  They told us they were “friends” now.  So we thought about sending them a save-the-date card and later wedding invitations like if they were a couple still (one invitation with the name of both on it).  But today someone told us that they are having serious issues.  What should we do? 

Send one invitation with both their names and let them decide if they will come together or not?  Send one invitation for each?  And if we send one invitation for each, should we extend the invitation for their new boyfriend/girlfriend?

Thank you for helping us!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Confused about how to send invitations to...

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would send one invitation to each person, and if they've got a steady boy/girlfriend I would invite them as well. If they're not in a new serious relationship then you don't have to invite them with a plus one (although you can if you want to do that for your single guests).

I might also give each of them a verbal heads-up that you invited the other one. Maybe they'd want to talk to each other and decide if they're comfortable attending if the other one will be there (especially if they will be bringing dates).

Are you friends with them beyond the Fourth of July party? I dunno, from the way you described them in this post it just seemed like they're a couple that you just know casually. Do you even need to invite them at all?
  • StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read my post to my fiance and he just gave me more information.  I would meet them usually once a year, on 4th of July.  But fiance just told me he has known the man of the couple for 15 years.  Fiance want the man of the couple to come, because he is fiance's real friend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Should we invite only them man of the couple since he is the one who is fiance's friend?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just send one to the man.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.. I would just send one to the man.. if you are not really friends with the woman, and they are now divorced, I see no reason to invite her. If he is still "dating" her, then he can bring her if he wants to.
  • edited December 2011
    I would just send the invite to the guy if he is the actual friend.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If they are divorced and living seperately, then only send it to the man. 

If they were still living together and trying to work things out, then I'd send it to them as a couple (and it would be a personal decision between them whether to both attend or not).
    ExerciseMilestone image
    edited December 2011
    I think you are right... We will send just to my fiance's friend.  Because now this couple does not live together anymore.
    Thank you for your help!!!  It is really appreciated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards