North Carolina

Less Than A Week 4/30 Ladies!!

I have missed everyone here (though it seems quiet!), but things have been wild around here.  And our computer died as well, and was just replaced last week, so that contributes to things!

We only have 6 days left ladies -- anyone else starting to panic (or in dates close to this!)?  I am always thinking I have everything fairly done and I realize 4 million more things to do.  Just got my programs done and assembled tonight, writing thank you notes from early gifts/showers and have pretty much got my "day of" bag packed.  I'm in Raleigh til Thursday morning and then we're off!

I am very excited for the wedding, but am ready for all of the planning/stress to be done with -- and I'd say the FI is ready for me to get back to normal.

I need to post some of my bridal portraits.. we'll see if I get that done in the next 3 days :p

Congrats to all the ladies who have already gotten married this spring -- and best wishes to those coming up oh-so-soon!

(sorry for the rambling... The FI is asleep and won't talk to me!).
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair

Re: Less Than A Week 4/30 Ladies!!

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck--I have until 5/7.  Working on our guest book tonight.  And desperately need to work on shower thank yous.  Got a draft program from a friend who's a graphic designer--that's beyond my skill level, so I'm having someone else lay it out, then I'll get it printed this week.  And I'm hoping to leave a lot in the hands of the very capable wedding coordinator/planner.

Had one big bummer on Thursday--I was sick and missed our food tasting.  Fortunately, FI brought home some very yummy leftovers.  I figure if they taste that good warmed up/left over, we'll be in good shape at the reception.

Hope you have a good week and don't stress too much!!  Like you, I think my FI is really ready for the madness to be over!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Amanda!!  I've missed you on here and on the April board :)

My to-do list is growing by the minute, but I'm just trying to breathe and I know it'll all get done.  I have SO much to do this week before FI and the OOT family get into town on Thursday.

I have to take the vases to the florist, decorations to the rectption, church decor to the rehearsal on Friday, clean the entire house, pick up the dress, get a mani/pedi, yoga, tanning, teeth whitening, hair texturizing, cash for tips, pay the church, bridesmaid brunch, deliver welcome bags, and a billion things in between.  YIKES it's almost here!

Hope you're both surviving OK!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    She has killer bridal portraits!  Unleash them Amanda!  :-)  So excited for this weekend, it's going to be great!  (I'm in her wedding)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats Amanda! 

And Barbara, you're getting so close too! What did y'all end up deciding on for your final menu? FI and I still have quite a while until we need to decide on anything, but it's always nice to know what other people are doing!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It's so exciting!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I missed the tasting because I was down with some horrible stomach virus or something. I only got to taste the leftovers, but they were outstanding--which I found really encouraging.  We're going with stuffed mushrooms, smoked salmon bruschetta with fresh basil and sun-dried tomato, southwestern chicken phyllo with cilantro lime sour cream, and brie cups with strawberry and candied walnuts for passed hors d'oeuvres.  Then a plated salad--still ironing out which one.  Followed by a buffet with carved tenderloin of beef, chicken forestiere (amazingly tasty), garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, and another tbd vegetable.  We tried the Hoppin John, which was very good, but with the other two potatoes, I think that would be a bit heavy on the starches.  Also tried chicken piccata, which might be a lighter balance to the beef, but the other chicken was just too good to pass over.

They're being very nice and setting up two buffets--one upstairs and one downstairs to accommodate all the guests, so that should keep things flowing well.  And I think we'll have 3 bars for the cocktail hour, going down to 1 or 2 after dinner. I think we're going to stick with beer and wine with one or two signature cocktails, but we still need to make the final decision about that, too.  I think we'll get it all nailed down in the next day or two. That's one thing that's been great about working with them, we've had a lot of flexibility up until close til the date.  My MOH was shocked to learn how late we had to lock in our menu.  She had her reception at the Carolina Country Club in 2005 and had to pick everything out much earlier.  That has been really nice.

Let me know if you have any  other questions and please be sure to ask afterwards also.  B.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards