New Jersey

Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!

Theresa is such a pig. What kind of woman screams and acts like that?!

Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!

• DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you write "woman" on purpose.....

I actually really like all of them except for Danielle.  Theresa definitely has some issues going on that we don't know about which is maybe the reason why she is so angry. She never seems to act like them except for around her so I wonder where all of that comes from besides the clips that we have seen. 

I feel really bad for Dina too--- they shouldn't talk about her at all.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It kills me that this is what the rest of the country thinks NJ girls are like.  Same thing with Jersey Shore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:23364ae6-b810-4569-adcc-acd0c9365c2e">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you write "woman" on purpose..... I actually really like all of them except for Danielle.  Theresa definitely has some issues going on that we don't know about which is maybe the reason why she is so angry. She never seems to act like them except for around her so I wonder where all of that comes from besides the clips that we have seen.  I feel really bad for Dina too--- they shouldn't talk about her at all.
    Posted by DMLJ[/QUOTE]
    All of this ^^
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Deener713Deener713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I meant to write "woman" on purpose.
    I don't think Danielle is normal but all Theresa does is name call and scream. I only like Carolyn which is wierd because last year I couldn't stand her.
    I think Jaqueline is so fake, Theresa is a loser and Theresa's husband is a dirtbag that drives drunk.
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh.  I just can't beleive it when I watch it on TV.
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the show due to the "shock factor" of how immature and superficial these women are. Caroline is the only one who seems to have a good head on her shoulders and behaves like a mature woman. The rest act like a bunch of high school girls. But who knows, it could all be part of the act to draw suckers like me who sit there shaking my head at their behavior yet glued to the TV every Monday night!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:01a2acc9-e495-4041-907a-eae19a7d152c">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It kills me that this is what the rest of the country thinks NJ girls are like.  Same thing with Jersey Shore.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

I will admit I enjoy watching the Housewives but I have to agree. Even on our honeymoon when ppl found out we were from Jersey I was asked why aren't you orange and where is your poof? It's ashame what others see NJ as. When I go to the grocery store or the mall I don't see people act or look like that. I also can't stand that show Jerseylicious.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:23364ae6-b810-4569-adcc-acd0c9365c2e">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you write "woman" on purpose..... I actually really like all of them except for Danielle.  Theresa definitely has some issues going on that we don't know about which is maybe the reason why she is so angry. She never seems to act like them except for around her so I wonder where all of that comes from besides the clips that we have seen.  I feel really bad for Dina too--- they shouldn't talk about her at all.
    Posted by DMLJ[/QUOTE]

agreed. danielle knew that what she was saying would elicit that reaction. she did it on purpose so she could run away and play the victim.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • andreapnycandreapnyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love this show bc its so ridiculous but people from around the country think NJ is actually like this. what really kills me is that these woman are from towns that are very close to where my fam is and where i grew up, and it pisses me off bc my fam is not like that at all!
    i only really like Caroline.  but i feel like her and dina going on this show and being associated with people like that and "acting like that" has given the brownstone a bad name, which is unfortunate. 
  • gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watch the show but I do think all of them (Caroline less than the others) have serious problems.  I'm sure a lot of what viewers see is staged for tv but that is still no excuse to act like they do, especially Theresa.  She is a grown woman and should know how to control her emotions.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    woman is singular, women is plural...

I love the show....I don't care how it portrays NJ.  I would hope most people know that not everyone from NJ is like that.  I know that not everyone from Orange County is like the original houswives, same thing with Atlanta, DC, etc.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If people from other parts of the country are so ignorant to believe that what they watch on reality television is the way things really are, then they have bigger issues than we'll ever have.
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love the show and I think the drama is hysterical! I do agree that Theresa was out of control. Clearly she has some other things going on (the whole nephew thing that Danielle mentioned--I wonder what that was all about). I wonder what their lives are like off camera?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Theresa's impending bankruptcy is getting to her. I can't believe she goes around and spends the $$ she does and then has the nerve to file for bankruptcy.  I find it sickening and so irresponsible. ahh.  Of course people should realize they are essentially charicatures but it really does give a not so flattering portrayal of New Jersey. 
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:e6c69544-4ecf-4584-ad2d-ec7cfb895515">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If people from other parts of the country are so ignorant to believe that what they watch on reality television is the way things really are, then they have bigger issues than we'll ever have.
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

<div>That's sort of fair, but the stereotype exists as is, and the fact that there are a ton of tv shows in recent years (The Sopranos, Jersey Shore, RHoNJ, Cake Boss, Jerseylicious, Jersey Couture) all showing people from NJ as loudmouth Italian Americans with tacky clothes, no class, and bad accents... all of them taken together can really reinforce the stereotype.  But NJ is a pretty diverse state and there are large areas where you wouldn't see any of that.  But of course when casting a show like Real Housewives in NJ, they aren't going to find preppy wives of executives living in Far Hills -- nope, they go right for the real life Carmela Sopranos.  (To be fair though, classy wealthy people wouldn't be caught dead on any Real Housewives edition.)</div><div>
    </div><div>What drives me crazy is when people from Long Island and such make fun of NJ.  Not sure why they don't realize they're in glass houses.  I understand why someone who has never been in NJ and only knows it from TV may think that the stereotype is true (because they've seen in on several different shows), but it seems silly for people from nearby to think that it is a rule rather than an exception.</div><div>
    </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:d8baba8b-16ef-4469-b8b9-311f886556f4">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing! : That's sort of fair, but the stereotype exists as is, and the fact that there are a ton of tv shows in recent years (The Sopranos, Jersey Shore, RHoNJ, Cake Boss, Jerseylicious, Jersey Couture) all showing people from NJ as loudmouth Italian Americans with tacky clothes, no class, and bad accents... all of them taken together can really reinforce the stereotype.  But NJ is a pretty diverse state and there are large areas where you wouldn't see any of that.  But of course when casting a show like Real Housewives in NJ, they aren't going to find preppy wives of executives living in Far Hills -- nope, they go right for the real life Carmela Sopranos.  (To be far though, classy wealthy people wouldn't be caught dead on any Real Housewives edition.)
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]
    Exactly!  And that's my point.  Most stereotypes exist for a reason (because people like that do exist), but to think that a stereotyped depiction rings true for everyone living in a particular region is just silly and ignorant. 
    image 182 Invited

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Uppereast: agreed (above) about glass houses and stone-throwing! 

It's true shows in recent years only perpetuate the stereotype. 

That aside, I watched, shamefully, & I have to say Teresa Giudice reminds me of of every Italian-American (I am Italian-American as well; this is not said to "hate" anyone!) girl I went to school with through 8th grade. I left to go to a different highschool but our (very good) public highschool's cheering squad was made up of Teresa look-a-likes. Ironically, one has even grown up to have 4 children and live in Franklin Lakes herself :-/

I thought it was interesting when Teresa said she & Joe "have never been handed anything," something like they "worked from the ground up" and would do that again (to rebuild financially).

MH's sister was friends with a Giudice brother for a long time (as kids, teens, in 20s) & MH said they were raised more than comfortably, the father had his own construction business/contracting firm. I thkn that may have helped "Joe,' which is fine but don't act like you crawled out of a sewer. 

A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_watching-nj-housewives-woman-embarrassing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:d0a1bbb2-b783-45b8-9da1-37bf83df42daPost:0c4bd2ef-b64b-4343-be5d-8f84d8b85103">Re: Watching NJ Housewives- These woman are embarrassing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, I meant to write "woman" on purpose. I don't think Danielle is normal but all Theresa does is name call and scream. I only like Carolyn which is wierd because last year I couldn't stand her. I think Jaqueline is so fake, Theresa is a loser and Theresa's husband is a dirtbag that drives drunk.
    Posted by Deener713[/QUOTE]

Agree with you sooo much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards