New Jersey

Venue help, please!!

We live in central Jersey and are looking for something other than a ballroom reception (it just isn't our style).  Possibly outdoors, for @115 people. Not set on a time of year..April or September, 2013. Looked at Valenzano Winery and loved it, but hotels are 30+ minutes away and only had October available for Sat. night so we are worried about it being too cold outside at night. Also on a budget.  Any suggestions?

Re: Venue help, please!!

• Look into Unionville Vineyards. Its a winery located on a farm. I went to a wedding their recently and it is really nice if you are looking for the country/rustic look. The only thing is you have to get everything done from outside vendors which to be honest might be more work but is much cheaper. It was my cousin who got married their so if you are interested in it just shoot me a PM and I can ask him for all the vendors he used because his wedding was awesome!

Good Luck!
  • Also check out Laurita Winery in New Egypt. I've been to a wedding there and it was very nice.

• I'm getting married at Valenzano (I didn't want a typical ballroom either) and my 2nd choice for venue was Black Bear Golf Club at Crystal Springs Resort. It was beautiful and my FI and I fell in love with it. The only reason we kept looking and didn't book is because it would have been really far for our guests who are from Delaware and the Philadelphia area. 

If you're interested I can forward you the email with pricing and package information. 

• I don't know central Jersey all that well - would Grounds for Sculpture be too far? 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• You can look at nice restaurants or lounges that have less of a ballroom feel.  McCloone's or the Watermark in Asbury Park are less traditional and offer some outside space and the opportunity to have your ceremony on the beach.  Martell's Waters Edge in Bayville or Union Landing in Brielle are restaurants with outdoor space.  Spring Lake Bath & Tennis club which has an outdoor area with a rooftop.  There is also the Wine Bar in Atlantic HIghlands which although not outdoors is a cool lounge vibe and not a traditional venue.  I had looked at Avenue in Long Branch, but didn't like that they insist on kicking your wedding out by 10pm so the club can open to the public.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2012
    FI and I are in the process of looking at venues and we have similar requirements, but are looking for places in Northern NJ.  

We love Black Bear at Crystal Springs, but it is pretty far north if you're coming from central Jersey.  It's not a problem for us since we live about 40 minutes southeast of it.  Pricing is pretty great, the venue is pretty, the resort amenities are fantastic, etc.

If you're looking for something closer, check out Merri-Makers at Neshanic Valley Golf Course. They're running some great deals for 2013, and the property is beautiful (I think the course has 36-holes).  It's not too far from Branchburg and Bridgewater. We met with the property manager, Wendy, and I really loved the venue.  The only reason we crossed it off of our list was that it felt so far away from where we live; 40 miles on 287 can feel like an eternity.

PM me if you need other ideas or contact info for these places.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards