North Carolina

Wedding shoe shopping in NC, Help!

Hi Ladies! 

It's been a while for me since I've posted but I could really use a little local bride advice. I'm stressing about shoe shopping. I never wear heels but I will for my wedding. I have very sensitive feet so I don't care what the price, I need super comfortable heels!

Where did you all get your shoes? Or where would you suggest I look? 

I want to try them on first so it has to be a physical store but I will travel to just about anywhere in NC.

Any suggestions?

1White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding shoe shopping in NC, Help!

• If you want a good wearing and stable heel since you normally don't wear them I'd suggest a wedge style. Personally I wear heels to work everyday (I work at a bank so I have to!) but I want a comfortable heel that won't bother me so I'm looking at the Touch Ups Candy style. No matter which brand, a good quality heel will always wear better than a cheap one, and a chunkier heel verses a spike heel are normally easier to walk with. Wedges have a good stability to them and normally are kinder to ankles that aren't used to supporting a heel. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Do you have a DSW near you? They have an overwhelming amount of heels.
  • You should go to Nordstrom.  If you don't normally wear heels, but want to for your wedding, tell them that, the salespeople there are actually trained to be helpful, and they'll help you find something high quality.  

You'll feel more comfortable in a well designed shoe than a DSW/Payless/Wherever knockoff.  As much as I love DSW, designer shoes actually have science and research behind them.  The angle of the foot, the height of the heel, the width of the balance - all calculated; you don't get that with a copycat style.  
  • cwinescwines member
    First Comment
    I tried mine on at nordstrom, then purchased online at heels.com (Charlotte based discount designer heel website). The sales people at nordstrom are very helpful, but are definitely there to sell you something. 

I absolutely agree about designer heels being more comfortable than knock-offs. You get what you pay for
  • I second the recommendation to head to DSW!  I also really love the shoe department at Dillards.

As a caution, I would stay away from Off Broadway Shoes.  I've never had great luck there and feel like a lot of the brands they carry aren't great quality... poor quality in a high heel pretty much guarantees you that your feet will be aching
  • Main & Taylor and Kristens in Raleigh/Cary have great shoe, although they're a bit pricey. I wouldn't be afraid to shop online. A lot of the sites have free shipping and return, so you can order several pairs. Zappos and shoes.com come to mind, as well as piperlime. I buy most of my shoes online and it works well, although I'm off by half a size occasionally. Good luck!
  • I went with Toms wedding wedges. They are comfy and no one will see them! I wanted to dance the night away but be 3 inches taller! My friends do not like them at all but again no one sees the shoes, and my purchase got a child a pair of shoes too. So I can feel good about that, and I think they are cute!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have already bought flats for my wedding and this morning decided I wanted heels, so I stopped by Payless and found the perfect pair of low heels in the exact color of my dress!  They are cushioned and so comfortable.  Best part, they were only $20.  Im not sure if they are the "ones" for my wedding, but I bought them just in case.  They have lots of shoes in medium and wide.  They also have dyeable shoes there.

• I got my shoes at DSW!  They were very affordable and comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards