New Jersey
Options

Having a friend officiate weddin

My FI and I are seriously considering having his best friend get ordained online and be the officiant at our wedding. We found a site online at Universal Life Church where we can have him ordained for like 10. Has anyone else done this in NJ or know if that organization has the credentials needed in NJ. Or does anyone have anu other suggestions of how to go about doing so?

Re: Having a friend officiate weddin

• Options
    Our officiant is ordained through the Universal Life Church.  He has done many weddings in NJ, CT, and FL.  NJ is one of the few states that does recognize all faiths, regardless of how they became ordained.  They do have a website, check it out, I did.  Our minister is also a friend of FI, and when he was married, his minister was also ordained by the Universal Life Church.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good to know!  I'd rather have a close friend marry us instead of some stranger.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_having-a-friend-officiate-weddin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:dcbfb788-bd63-4a35-aa91-6e2184b3d798Post:ce251078-d541-4a7e-ad12-14db49d9a35d">Re: Having a friend officiate weddin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our officiant is ordained through the Universal Life Church.  He has done many weddings in NJ, CT, and FL.  NJ is one of the few states that does recognize all faiths, regardless of how they became ordained.  They do have a website, check it out, I did.  Our minister is also a friend of FI, and when he was married, his minister was also ordained by the Universal Life Church.
    Posted by 50ShadesofMe[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!!! So good to know!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards