North Carolina

photography student?

hi all... i really need to find a photographer for my september wedding in garner! i don't want to pay what most professional photographers charge, and was thinking about finding a local photography student. i only really want photos of the "getting ready" before the wedding, and the ceremony, and a few "posed" photos.. does anyone have suggestions on how to find such students? tia!!

Re: photography student?

• edited December 2011
    Have you tried Craigslist?

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would post an ad on craigslist w/your budget and specifically what you're looking for.  Where are you in NC?
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    i guess you didn't see the post on here a few weeks ago from someone that cried for a month because they hired a friend that was a photography student and all of their pictures were fuzzy. 
  • edited December 2011
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

hmmm...no pictures of a bride or a groom...just a cake and centerpiece....knot on my once in a lifetime wedding day.

• edited December 2011
    hence the reason they listed their website... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would make sure you do a pre wedding session to see the quality of their work in the same lighting as your wedding day..if its outdoors or indoors etc.  RCC in Asheboro has tons of photography students. So maybe post in the city in those areas and see if they are willing to travel.  They will most likly see it if you post where they will be looking.
  • edited December 2011

What's your budget? I found a photographer with really reasonable prices in NC. Here's the website: http://www.clabradorphotography.com/Weddings.php

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer graduated from App last May and he is very reasonable.  He has done one wedding and my engagement session as well as working at an internship in Greensboro.  His website is www.williamhockadayphotography.com

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions, but I definitely agree with ecuchicka about doing a pre-wedding session so that you can get a feel for what they can do for you.  GL!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • sarah*2012sarah*2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just curious as to why you would give the one true special day of your life and place it's memories in the hands of a "student"?  

For me, photography was one of the biggest parts of my budget. 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone has the "one thing" that is really important to them.  My fi is a chef so food and drink were very important.  I think it's crazy the amt of money some people spend especially if they don't have it IE putting it on a credit card.

While my photographer is not a student anymore when I hired him he was-I cannot tell you how many compliments I have gotten on the engagement pictures.

I see no reason to spend $5K on photography and serve your guests bbq as one bride I know is doing.  Anyway my 2 cents
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards