New Jersey
Options

NWR: Christening question

My best friend had a baby a few months ago and her Christening is on Sunday.  They are having a party at their house following the Christening.  I've never actually been to a Christening before so I dont know what the proper etiquet is. I was born and raised as a Christian, however since I've entered adult hood I've choosen to stop following my religion for various reasons.  Now my question is, would if be rude if I skipped the actual Christening and just showed up at their house for the party?  I know when someone is getting married in a Church you don't always have to go to the ceremony but you can show up at the reception and usually the bride and groom won't even realize you weren't at the ceremony.  I just am not sure if you can do the same thing for a Christening.  
Married April 27th 2012

Re: NWR: Christening question

• Options
    I personally find it pretty rude to skip the ceremony.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I don't think you should skip the christening ceremony. Although I think there are exceptions with weddings, such as Friday day ceremony, travel delays, etc., in general the ceremony is the whole point and the party is a thank you to guests for attending.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

Don't skip it because that is what the christening is, plus a christening is on a much smaller scale than a wedding, therefore they will definitely know that you are not there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards