North Carolina
Options

Wine in Church Fellowship Hall?

This is probably a really dumb question, but I'm just wondering if any of you have used your church's fellowship hall for your reception and served wine or had a champagne toast there. I know some church's are really anti-alcohol. FI and I haven't even asked yet because I'm not sure if it is appropriate to ask the pastor "BTW, can we serve wine at our reception?"  At the very least we would like to have champagne to toast, but I hate to ask just to be shot down or looked at like I have 3 heads.  Have any of you had alcohol in a church fellowship hall?

Re: Wine in Church Fellowship Hall?

• Options
    I know that a lot of churches do have restrictions, however some dont.
    You could just ask if there are any restrictions associated with using the fellowship hall. If the pastor askes why, just say that you wanted to possibly have a champagne toast and wanted to make sure you wouldn't be breaking any rules.

I highly doubt the pastor would look at you like you have three heads. Im willing to bet money that they have been asked this question before.

The worst they can say is 'no' and if you're set on having it, perhaps look into another venue for your reception.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Knowing Southern Churches, I'd say this is a definite No-No.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards