New Jersey

NWR: non-wedding "boards"

Are you guys on any other boards?

I can't get into the Nest, because, well, I'm not into "baby talk."

My wedding interest is waning, since, you know, I'm not planning one anymore. I stick around because I feel strongly that I owe it to people to help out and offer advice, since I benefited *so* much from other people's advice during my planning. (Plus, um, I still have to write my reviews... ::hangs head in shame::)

BUT-- I'd love to find another non-Knot, non-Nest forum to skulk around in. I haven't found anything great, though... any advice?

Re: NWR: non-wedding "boards"

• Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the cooking one....but I also like to cook.

• edited December 2011
    I liek money matters but they still do have a lot of baby talk.  They are very chatty though so there is enough to entertain me.  I dont know of any non-knot/nest ones.

I do like the interaction i get on my blog (which is not that often but its getting better).  Maybe you can start a blog about something.  I will go on it and comment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Money Matters
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NJ Nest is too much baby talk for me.  NYC Nest has like 1 post every day.

I really like Money Matters.  Lots of interesting, smart posters, from lots of different perspectives, and some interesting topics.

I like Fashion & Beauty when I have those kinds of questions.

Health & Fitness and Pets are very helpful for me, but you have to be very careful because the regulars all drank the Kool Aid.  Like don't ask on Pets what Hills Science Diet flavor is best for your dog, and don't ask on H&F (a) what cleanse they would recommend, or (b) how to lose 15 pounds in a month.  (Pets is very pro grain-free or raw diets, and H&F is very anti-cleanse and very pro you can only lose 1-2 pounds a week, and you'll only lose weight by eating clean rather than working out).  But once you get past that, they can be helpful if you have questions about their topics. 
  • Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I poke around on the knot, but yes it is a lot of baby talk.  I am hoping next year I can start a blog about something.  But I really have no idea how to do that or what in the heck I would write about. lol
  • edited December 2011
    The Nest drives me batty... however I find some of the posts to be hilarious and copy and paste them to H at work for entertainment. One day there was a post about those stick figure families that soccer moms put on the back of their mini vans (obviously I'm stereotyping but those stick figures annoy the crap out of me!!)

My wedding interest is waning now that the thank you cards have all been sent and received, but I still like coming here :) I most definitely can't handle the baby talk though so my nest visits are very short lived.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess in a perfect world there would be a "newly married, not ready for babies, likes to talk about money AND fitness AND fashion AND decorating AND (maybe) cooking AND married life in NJ" board.

We should start one of those ... ;-)

I guess I feel like I"m not *super* into any one of those topics individually, but I'd like a blend...

Thanks for the recs... I'll poke around a bit. I've been thinking of starting a blog, actually, but I feel like I would never update. I'm more a "reader" than a "writer."
  • edited December 2011
    I can't deal with the nest, and since I'm slowly moving away from this, I wont be posting to boards.
  • edited December 2011

My local board on TN is not a lot of baby talk...

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The NJ Nest board is a lot of baby/kid-talk. Plus not many people are from my area, so I don't have much to say on that board.

I like the Travel, What's Cooking and Buying a Home boards. Sometimes I read stuff on Family Matters, Entertainment and Money Matters boards.
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love the What's Cooking board on the Nest.  I've expanded my cooking horizons so much.  My husband loves some of the stuff I've made from there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards