North Carolina
Options

Bridesmaid luncheon ideas...Raleigh area

I know I want to host a bridesmaid luncheon for my BMs. I think it will be a great time for us to hang out, relax a little and for me to give them their gifts. I'm planning on doing it the morning/early afternoon before the wedding day. I need to keep it low budget so I'm planning on preparing all the food myself since I love to cook & I only have 4 BMs. My trouble is the location. I wouldn't mind just doing it at my apartment except I have roommates and we don't have enough dining space for the 5 of us.

I need a place that is either free or dirt cheap. I thought about some of the shelters at the lakes etc. but it may be an issue to keep cold foods cold and warm foods warm. (For dessert I'm thinking about blackberry cobbler over vanilla icecream...DELICIOUS).

Also...if you have ideas/recipes for brunch type foods I would be happy for those ideas as well :-) TIA!

Re: Bridesmaid luncheon ideas...Raleigh area

• Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about renting a suite at a hotel?  I had my bridal shower at the Crabtree  Mariott and the room was fabulous, super big and had a mini kitchen in it.  The rate was under a $100.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let's see there are lots and lots of places that have built a place just for you to use free of charge.  I bet the air conditioning and lights are provided free by Progress Energer.  I bet the poor custodial helper is working for nothing also.  Freeloaders.  Be realistic. 

The hotel thing with a kitchette is so cheezy.  I hear the Crabtree Inn has kitchenettes also. 

But we're blowing it out in the Carabeean.
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion Lauren. That's definitely something to look into.
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're interested in any egg casserole recipes for a brunch, I have several I've used at Christmas brunches over a number of years.  They vary in the amount of time commitment and labor intensity.  Also, Ladyfingers on Whitaker MIll has the most amazing ham rolls that you can pick up and heat up.  They're kind of pricey at $14 per dozen, but people love them-they're shaved ham with brown sugar butter.
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you weren't going to cook, I was just going to suggest Mimi's Cafe in Cary. I think this is a cute little place to have a bruch/luncheon. You might want to check it out anyways. I really don't think it'd be too much for the 5 of you, and might end up being worth it if you don't have to cook! lol

• Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Meredith! I've never been there but I pass by all the time. I just looked at their menu and it sounds delicious! I'm thinking I might just do it there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're interested in restaurants (instead of cooking), I'd also suggest "Brigs." They have several locations - Creedmoor Rd in Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Wake Forest.  Fi and I went there for the first time (after hearing so much about it) a few weeks ago and the breakfast was DELICIOUS! They also have sandwiches, etc for lunch, but they serve breakfast all day.  They don't do reservations, but the girl that worked there said the newest location (Wake Forest) has the most seating space, so if you're having a large-ish group (I'm having 10), she'd suggest going there.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could look into renting one of the rooms/kitchen at the UU church on Wade Ave.

If you decide not to cook, I recommend Weathervane in Chapel Hill for brunch.  One of my all-time favorite restaurants in the area!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out Mimi's...if not for your luncheon, then some other time!  It is so good!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards