North Carolina

help finding a reception site!

Trying to find a unique venue to have my wedding ceremony and reception. I do not want to have it at a typical hotel ballroom.  Does anyone know anything about wedding receptions at Caffe Luna or The Capital City Club in downtown raleigh?? Any other suggestions?

Re: help finding a reception site!

• edited December 2011
    I swear this exact same post has popped up several times over the past few months. It's getting really annoying.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Awww I think she's pretty cute myself :)
  • edited December 2011
    well soooooooorrrry! i just got engaged so this site is new to me ! stop being such a snot! i was just looking for some help.
  • edited December 2011
    I find it hard to believe that someone would choose a bunch of random numbers as their screen name.

I also find it odd that you "just got engaged" but joined The Knot 6 years ago.
  • edited December 2011
    Done got called out ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Capital Club is beatiful for a reception venue. the staircase is to die for an awesome for pictures. I was going to choose that as my venue but I decided to do an outside wedding and reception.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I joined ages ago and my boyfriend only last week started ring shopping. Some of us were in wedding parties where the bride insisted that everyone joint all the wedding site to help look for ideas.

Maybe she's like me, just a silly little girl planning a wedding before she's got the ring. There's no shame in dreaming about your wedding. Who are we to judge? The way I figure it, once you get a ring the clock starts ticking on how long you can look at wedding site before your big day comes.

I've only just started looking recently but here are some alternatives to the usual hotel/hall/country club weddings.

Artspace - downtown Raliegh
    The Mordecai House - Raleigh
    Barn at Valhalla  - Chapel Hill
    The Haywood Hall - Raleigh
    All Saints Chapel - Raleigh
    Angus Barn and Pavilion - Raleigh
    Crenshaw Hall - Wake Forest

Also as it's bee pointed out I'm sure you can find tons more if you dig into these boards.
  • edited December 2011

Wow, some people on here are so rude. I was nervous to post on here asking for advice earlier today because I've seen comments like this before...I'm "new" on here too, as in newly engaged. It shows that I have been a member since 2003 because I was once engaged before but broke it off. I don't see any reason in posting a negative comment to someone. Comments like that make me not want to even ask for advice. As you all know, planning a wedding is very overwhelming and sometimes you just want to put it out there and get some direct advice then searching through the boards all day. Luckily, the girls who responded to me earlier were very helpful. Had I gotten a first response like above I probably wouldn't have come back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards