Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Carefree Wedding

So, I'm having a Vegas wedding. I have been debating on ideas since I don't want to do the traditonal wedding, dinner and dancing. I have about 20 people total coming for the weekend. I worked out my plan but is unsure. Advice,Pointers and suggestions are needed. I want a fun care free go with the flow feel to the entire weekend.

Day1
Strayboots scavenger hunt
Gambling/tour the strip
Day2-Wedding
Invite guest to breakfast timeframe 9-11:30 [need to pick reasturant]
After Wedding guest are invited to be included in our pictures around the property
Dinner at a Buffet
Day3
Free day-no plans

Re: Carefree Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are my thoughts...

Day 2 seems like a long day - breakfast at 9:30am through dinner?  I know I am not a fan of getting up at 9:30am (well, 8:30 with getting ready time) when I'm on vacation :) 

When would you have your ceremony?  You might want one meal close to the ceremony.  The other meal could be family/WP or just optional.  Would you be hosting for both meals?  If you only host one, make that the "wedding meal" and let people choose if they want to attend the other.

Also, I'd possibly make day 1 "optional".  If people are travelling across the country and taking time off work, they may want to go to the pool, go shopping, sightsee on their own time, see a show, etc.  What's the scavenger hunt?  I haven't heard of that.

I was hoping most of our guests would come in Thursday for our Saturday wedding, but at least half are coming Friday/leaving Sunday due to work and financial obligations.  My only real wedding activities are the ceremony (5pm) and reception (7-11pm).  If we see people other times, fantastic.  If not, at least I have a few hours with them!

HTH :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, if you look at the pinned threads on the board's main page you'll come across a ton of useful info and also the link to the Vegas Knotiies' bios (mine is in my siggy).
    I personally wouldn't stress too much planning a tree-day activity trip for your guests, they won't have a problem entertaining themselves in Las Vegas. Maybe focus on the wedding day for now and then you can always add a meet and greet or a goodbye brunch. We kept it carefree as well and just let people know where we were on the day we got to Vegas and ended up meeting everyone at the buffet without a formal "plan".
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_nontraditional-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0cce22b3-9341-4a17-8baf-541a768545c1Post:7115b157-10ed-45cc-961d-cb7303efc63d">Re: Carefree Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are my thoughts... Day 2 seems like a long day - breakfast at 9:30am through dinner?  I know I am not a fan of getting up at 9:30am (well, 8:30 with getting ready time) when I'm on vacation :)  When would you have your ceremony?  You might want one meal close to the ceremony.  The other meal could be family/WP or just optional.  Would you be hosting for both meals?  If you only host one, make that the "wedding meal" and let people choose if they want to attend the other. Also, I'd possibly make day 1 "optional".  If people are travelling across the country and taking time off work, they may want to go to the pool, go shopping, sightsee on their own time, see a show, etc.  What's the scavenger hunt?  I haven't heard of that. I was hoping most of our guests would come in Thursday for our Saturday wedding, but at least half are coming Friday/leaving Sunday due to work and financial obligations.  My only real wedding activities are the ceremony (5pm) and reception (7-11pm).  If we see people other times, fantastic.  If not, at least I have a few hours with them! HTH :)
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

<div>Agree with all of the above.  If you're truly aiming for a "carefree" event, the less events that our scheduled outside the ceremony/reception, the better.  Your guests will thank you for the down time, and you'll thank yourself later since you won't have as much to plan! :)</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The guest are arriving on Thursay and leaving Monday. I wasn't going to plan a meal right before the wedding I figured the guest will be doing theor own thing before the wedding. I have the wedding set for 5:00pm. The scavenger hunt is a a company that  text ridddles and pictures to your cell phone and you have to find the information on the vegas strip and reply back. I figured that would be a fun way to tour the strip and we can compete in teams. Thanks for all your advice. I don't want to be stresssed out so I will just try to go with the flow with the planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_nontraditional-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:0cce22b3-9341-4a17-8baf-541a768545c1Post:a0ccb6e7-7cab-4777-a876-4c729c6110a9">Re: Carefree Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]The guest are arriving on Thursay and leaving Monday. I wasn't going to plan a meal right before the wedding I figured the guest will be doing theor own thing before the wedding. I have the wedding set for 5:00pm. The scavenger hunt is a a company that  text ridddles and pictures to your cell phone and you have to find the information on the vegas strip and reply back. I figured that would be a fun way to tour the strip and we can compete in teams. Thanks for all your advice. I don't want to be stresssed out so I will just try to go with the flow with the planning.
    Posted by freasoul[/QUOTE]

<strong>Sometimes less is better!  Focus on what works for you and your future hubby.  Let people do what they want while in LV outside of your wedding.  The day of breakfast should be with your future hubby and/or the bridal party + those who matter.  Outside of that, enjoy your time and let it be a carefree wedding as you have planned.</strong>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards