Nevada-Las Vegas

MB PACKAGES

Hi all of you Mandalay Bay brides! I'm trying to book my wedding there for next May, but I just can't decide on which package would be best. I was thinking about either Platinum or Diamond Lights, but now I'm wondering if it would be better to just get the Opal shores package and upgrade from there. The only thing that I'm really wanting is the upgraded boquet and maybe some bridesmaid's boquets. I'm not too concerned with the photography. I am also planning on getting rooms there which might be a plus with the bigger packages. Anyway just wondering what you girls went with and what your thoughts were. Thanks!

Re: MB PACKAGES

• edited December 2011
    I just faxed my contract over! and....I went with the Crystal Waters Pkg. and add the extras on from there. I did that way becuase of some of the stuff on the other pkg.'s were not a big deal to me....but, I added the aisle treatment and will be upgrading mt flowers! Good Luck Planning! :)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the opal shores. I priced out how much each additional piece in the bigger packages that we would actually NEED (ie- not the dinner at a restaurant, though those can be had for VERY cheap with prix fixes and restaurant.com coupons) and it was not worth the extra $1000+. We just added floral- including an upgrade to my bouquet, plus 4 corsages for moms/grandmas, 6 additional bout's for groomsmen/dads/grandpas, and 3 bridesmaid bouquets, we still came out much much cheaper. Plus with the sweet room deals we were getting in emails, we are staying there for 3 nights (1 in a 550 room, 2 in the 750 room) plus the floral upgrades for less than the package price difference!
  • brainardjillbrainardjill member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with the Opal Shores as well. We are planning on doing lots of upgrades--aisle treatment, my bouquet, plus I have 6 bridesmaids/groomsmen, etc. We are only going to be in Vegas for 4 nights, so we weren't sure we would even have time to use all the extras. Plus, if you do end up ordering more pictures from Cashman, I have heard it is very pricey. You might want to save some money for that since all you get with a lot of the packages are 4x6's.
  • Dave&JamiDave&Jami member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using the Opal Shores.  We had originally thought about the Diamond Lights, but after some serious thought, (and number calculations) we decided we didn't really need all those other things.  We are upgrading some photo stuff, and my flowers.  If we want to go to dinner, we can just pay for it.  Hope all of these responses help you out!!
  • edited December 2011
    We ended up choosing platinum skies. We had trouble deciding as well but just ended up deciding what items were really important to us and chose a package that included these items. If you're using your own photographer and are okay with booking your own rooms, I would think you can ket away with opal shores. You may just want to touch base with your planner in regars to the flowers you'd like to make sure that the additional flower cost wouldn't warrant upgrading your package.
  • aphillips3aphillips3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of the replies! You guys have been such a help. I guess we will do some calculating and figure out what we really need. I'm thinking the smaller package with upgrades will do. Thanks!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards