North Carolina

Vendor Reviews Triangle

I got married in Raleigh December 17th and used vendors all over the triangle/eastern NC

Dress: Victorian Rose, B+
I found a beautiful gown that I absolutely LOVED here, but the service was not top notch like you would expect for such a nice boutique. We only had a short amount of time for our appointment (they apparently like to get brides in/out).I had a friend who had a terrible experience with their alterations department, so I didn't get my dress altered here. BUT overall I would recommend dress shopping here :)

Alterations: Olga, A+
I cannot say enough good things about olga!! She did a fabulous job with some complicated lace work :) highly recommend her, but call super early b/c she books fast.

Tux Rental: Mens Warehouse, B
We had groomsmen from all over the state, so this seemed a logical choice for tux rentals. Apparently it depends on the location that you choose b/c some were very good and some were terrible (with regards to customer service). In the end, all the tuxedos fit properly and looked great!

Bridesmaid Dresses: David's Bridal, A
I had 4 bridesmaids and they were in 4 different states, so I thought it would be easiest to do a national chain. I never had any problems at any location. They dresses were beautiful and the girls said they didn't have any problem with alterations or getting the shoes dyed.

Hair & Makeup: Makeup For Your Day, A+
Jennifer House is the co-owner of this company and they did a wonderful job with my hair & makeup and 5 other women. They do on location hair & makeup, which worked out perfectly for our wedding. We were at the Hilton Homewood Suites at crabtree and they came to the room..they bring everything they need (even a makeup chair that folds out). I've never seen so much makeup! I got airbrushed (which I highly recommend too). They are very creative and talented women. It was a little pricy for the package that we got, but VERY worth it!

Nails: Lee Nails @ North Hills, A
I don't ever really get my nails done, but I read good reviews about this salon and they did a great job with a simple french manicure and pedicure. My MOH also got her nails done there and they were very pretty. Good service.

Rehearsal Dinner Caterer: Charlie's BBQ, C+
Long story short, the food was amazing but the service was bad. He promised to be set up in the church's fellowship hall by 6pm, have 4 staff with him to set tables, serve food, etc. We ran over with the rehearsal and didn't get into the fellowship hall until ~6:30. He was not even finished setting up the food, let alone the tables. My mother in law and other women in the family had to set the tables. It was embarrasing but when we finally ate, the food was amazing!

Photographer: Story Photography, A+
Ashley and her husband David do an amazing job! She did our engagement pics, my portraits, and the entire day on the wedding day (no time limit). Their prices are very reasonable when I compared to other companies. They are very creative and take wonderful pictures.

Flowers: Brides & Bouquets, A-
Greg at B &B is a very good florist, creative, and can work with any budget. The only drawback for me was that he lost the sheet he took notes on during our meeting (basically with all the flowers that we needed for the wedding). He had to call me and try to remember what they were. He tried to right the situation by giving me a free bouquet for my portraits. It all turned out beautifully in the end and the quality was very good I thought.

Cake Baker: Cakes by Frances, A+
AMAZING! This baker was recommended to us by our reception venue and she did an incredible job with the cake and the groom's cake. She has been baking cakes for 20+ years, works out of her home bakery so the price was a fraction of  other bakeries I found. Highly recommend.

Linen Rentals: Andys Tents & Events, A
We rented our cake stand, cocktail table linens, and reception table linens & napkins from this Fuquay company. They were reasonably priced and the product was good. We picked up everything to avoid the $45 delivery fee. Andy is great to work with.

DJ: Complete Music & Video, A
Billy at complete music and video was great! He apparently has lots of experience with wedding receptions and did a fabulous job! He knew to play laid back music during the dinner portion, but definitely got the party going later in the night. We found him at a wedding show in december 2010 and he charged quite a bit less than other DJs we found. Great job!

Reception Venue: Wake County Shrine Club, A++++
GREAT!! My sister got married here 8 years ago or else I would have never known about this wonderful place. The location is HUGE (large dancefloor, bar, seating area, lobby, etc.) and much bigger space for less price than many other venues in raleigh. They have their own chefs in house, so all the food and drink (alcoholic and otherwise) are included. We did heavy hor'deurves and that package included cocktail hour food and TONS of food for the dinner portion. The food was incredible: prime rib carving station, potatoe station, lots of finger foods, and we did the turkey carving station too for the holidays. We got a lot of compliments on the food. They will set up all the tables, your centerpieces, pack up all the left over food in a picnic basket for your wedding night, and clean up. The chef and his wife are shriners and have been working there for 25+ years. I cannot say enough good things about this venue!

"Day" of coordinator: The Perfect Plan, A++++++
Tia at the Perfect Plan was simply incredible. She went way above & beyond just the "day of coordinator" duties. She helped us along the way..staring at 3/4 months out, the week of the wedding she helped me run errands around raleigh, she SAVED my rehearsal dinner by serving food, etc (see above), and on the actual wedding day she got breakfast & lunch for all the BM and women getting ready with me. She also has assistants that will work at the reception venue all day to prepare it. She only charged us $600 but the work she did was invaluable! She stayed with me the whole day and did anything and everything I needed her to. She brought our luggage to the wedding night hotel, brought us to the airport the next day, and returned our linens to Andy's Tents & Events. She works all over NC too.  I would HIGHLY recommend her to any bride!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews Triangle

• SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, how frustrating!  I contacted The Perfect Plan as well.  For Day of Services they were going to charge me $800!  I wish their prices were more consistant.

Do you have a price list for Olga?  I'd LOVE to get a copy of it or even just her phone number!  Thank you for posting this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'm sorry to hear that...all I can say is that she is very worth it! I don't have a price list for Olga; I got a complicated dress hemed, taken in, buttons altered, etc. and it was $300. Her number is (919) 462-9472. She's on vacation until January 6th. Glad this helped :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PS...The perfect plan price depended on the location and size of the wedding. We had a small wedding in raleigh, so that may explain the increase :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much for Olga's information and your pricing!  I really appreciate it!  I would be thrilled to pay $300 or so on my alterations.  I just e-mailed her (before I saw your post) but I'm glad to know she is out of town.  I will be sure not to follow up with her for a couple weeks, I don't want to seem pushy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards