Nevada-Las Vegas

Vendors not responding

I emailed our photographer about a month ago to ask her to rework my contract (my parents fell on some hard times and we didn't think they'd be able to afford to come, so we asked if we could cut a few things to save money and help them). She responded very nicely and gave us a few different options, and we chose one that would work very well for us. I sent her an email on 09/03 requesting a confirmation on what we decided and a final balance. No response. We still plan on doing the hekicopter wedding, so I emailed her on 09/17 asking for weights of her, her husband, and their equipment so that I can pass it along to the coordinator. Still no response. She's doing us a favor (she was under no obligation to alter the contract) so I really don't want to keep bothering her, but does anyone else think a month without response is a bit long? We only have 33 days left.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendors not responding

• rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a little long to be waiting on a response. Have you tried to call them or anything? I think a five day response is a little long for vendors myself. Times are not so great for the economy in Vegas...they should be more responsive! With it being only 33 days away... CALL, CALL, CALL!! You need to finalize things on your end and shouldn't have to worry about things like that! I am using Sun Bean Photography for our pictures. I found her through some internet searching. Her blog is great!
  • edited December 2011
    That is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long to be waiting for a response. I agree with PP. Call her. A similar thing happened with a certain person at MB and even though she was screening my calls (I just know it) she finally called me back.
  • mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should call. You never know if a legitimate e-mail made it into a spam box. I've had some recent situations with vendors and found their e=mails in the spam box.
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just send a friendly reminder... Chances are she has not had time to weigh her equipment.
  • edited December 2011
    I would have to say that is way too long. I am worried about the bakery and I haven't heard from them since Friday! haha. Give a quick call - Can't hurt!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I called her today and got everything figured out. I guess she's been crazy busy and just forgot about it. No big deal. I'm just the type of person who gets all paranoid and thinks, "What if she backs out a month before the wedding?!"
  • edited December 2011
    A phone call would be my vote as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards