North Carolina
Options

Lots of Checks - PIP

I made myself get wedding stuff done this weekend so now I feel less anxious.  Plus I counted and I have 16 weekends left, and only have firm plans for 4 of them, leaving 12 open to get stuff done...plenty of time! 

I finally dragged FI to get wedding bands and he found one he is happy with.  He thought he'd pick a plain one out and be done ebcause he wouldn't care, but once he saw all the more "manly" options, he started getting into it.  He got a Scott Kay Cobalt ring with beveled edges and notches in it -- I think it looks like a nut (as in nut and bolt) and that is why he likes it!

Also got my veil and headpiece -- spent way more than I wanted to, but my mom bought the headpiece and I got tired of looking for cheaper veils.  Davids Bridal was awesome and let me try the dress I bought back on with the veil and stuff even though they were super busy. 

AND we  went to Michaels. I had a coupon so I figured I'd get aunity candle set, but I did not like the ones they had and decided to put my own together.  I found these holders that have leaves on them so are more fall oriented, and we can use them around the house after the wedding.  I plan on doing something to dress up the candles.  I bought the fall tower to sit on the unity candle table. 

I think thats enough for one weekend :) 

Re: Lots of Checks - PIP

• Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great job!  Love the pictures.  You look amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The veil looks great!

I guess we really need to go and look at wedding bands at some point heh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yaayyy for checks, Beth!  I ended up getting my veil from DB, too.  So, I know you had to empty your wallet for it!  But, they do have beautiful ones there...good quality, too!  I love that you went out of the wedding bubble to find your unity candle holder, too!  Very creative idea....and it looks great!  Great finds and great checks=great weekend!!!!  Congrats!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Love the photos!

You could cover the middle candle with vellum and print your names, date, monogram etc. on the vellum. It will give the appearance of it being printed on the candle.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_lots-of-checks-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:9b8d17ae-40bc-4cfe-a293-18be9f2b2cd3Post:9ebd08b1-ab5b-4937-9622-3e19137a02ac">Re: Lots of Checks - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could cover the middle candle with vellum and print your names, date, monogram etc. on the vellum. It will give the appearance of it being printed on the candle.
    Posted by FutureMrsFraser[/QUOTE]

How would you attach the vellum to the candle?  Sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MIchael's sells vellum adhesive.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards