North Carolina

Triad/NC-related favor ideas

Hello Hello,

I'm tossing around a few ideas for favors and in addition to a candy buffet, I'd like to give a favor that is relevant to the area since 85% of my guests will be coming from Florida and most of that 85% have never been here. I've already thought of Cheerwine and Texas Pete, but am drawing a blank on presentation for those items. Any ideas other than those two? Krispy Kreme is relevant but still available anywhere so I don't want to go that route. I'm getting married 11-11-11 at the Millennium Center in downtown Winston-Salem and colors are red, white, and black. Any ideas?

Thank youuuu!
Emily in W-S :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Triad/NC-related favor ideas

• edited December 2011
    i love the idea!  also utz potato chips are a local fave.  FBIL lives in FL and we bring him a bag whenever we see him and FSIL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moravian cookies. 
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Moravian cookies, and you can suggest to your guests that they go to Old Salem if they have any free time!

There is also an old mill in Guilford County (called "Old Mill of Guilford"!) that is still operating, and they sell little bags of mixes that they make there -- like pure flour, or muffin or cookie mixes.  I think they run about $3.00 a bag for the smallest, but the mixes come with a recipe and are really good!  I used these for shower hostess gifts since most of the hostesses were not from this area.  http://www.oldmillofguilford.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Moravian cookies too. If you're not dead set on food, you could look into getting them each on of the tiny Moravian stars. I think they used to sell them at Old Salem. That might be cute since your wedding is so close to Christmas.

Or you could just go all out and give them a pack of cigarettes and some Hanes underwear.
  • cchris313cchris313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Moravian sugar cake is tasty as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards