North Carolina

Shower venue recs

I need a place in Raleigh to hold a couples shower for about 30 people.  I'll take any ideas you got! Laughing

Re: Shower venue recs

• edited December 2011
    Im in the CLT area so I got nothing, but just wanted to say hey AZ!! Long time no see Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Katherine!!!  Yeah it's been quite some time since I've been on here.  I hope you're doing well.  I see the board format has changed. Undecided
  • edited December 2011
    ah suga...based on your lifestyle and cheap spending habits.  i would suggest that nudie bar off yonkers....now if you think you can swing a few more dollars then the nudie bar in cary may be an option.  i hear that these places can get a guy nice and horned up so when you get home he'll not need those ED enhancement meds.

are u and thechad still arguing with each other daily.  did you get some help or is it just a way of life??

andrea still luvs you.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, the new boards are awful, I mean there ARE some really nice new features but it takes forever to load, has server errors quite frequently, etc. We've lost some dedicated NC Knottie regulars to these problems Frown
  • krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey AZ,

Caffe Luna is a favorite for showers - and they have pretty decent prices.  I know you can rent out the top of Morning times in downtown Raleigh for events now - I was there one time and there was a shower going on upstairs.  Tir Na Nog also has a space you can rent out that would fit 30 people and the guys might like that atmosphere better.  Oh and Bogarts has a room too!

HTH - a lot of places in Raleigh have spaces to rent out so I would check with any favorite restaurants or bars for the couple you're throwing the shower for to see if they have a space.  I don't know when you're planning to hold it - if its not til spring/summer - one of the city park's shelters would be a nice spot too.
  • edited December 2011
    You looking for something formal or casual?

I used to work for a coffee shop where people would come and do showers a lot.  A lot of the Starbucks and Caribou Coffees now even have private "conference" rooms you can use.
  • Loved0603Loved0603 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caffe Luna is nice or maybe even the Anderson Pointe house.  With Anderson Point, you'll have to have it catered but it's a nice house that would allow for complete privacy.  Also is Body of Christ Dream Center.  The Dream Center (located in the corner of Fox Rd and Spring Forest Rd) is seperate from the church and has a completely different feel; not "churchy".  GOOD LUCK!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  I've got a spot now, and luckily with no rental fee since the groom knows some poeple. =)  Thanks for the suggestions.

I see some people haven't change.  How empty and sad your life must be.  Sucks to be you! Tongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards