Nevada-Las Vegas

Re: C

• edited December 2011
    My only thoughts are on the first item; I'd rent the glassware.  You only get married once, ideally :-), I'd prefer to remember it with real glasses.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011

Glassware: Not sure about the kitchen/ bartending space but depending on how many people you're having that could be very messy with used glasses and the bar keep having to constantly be washing if you have heavy drinkers. I think the disposable ones are a great option.

Chairs: wondered this myself so no help here.

Candles: Floating are generally cheaper than large pillars. Do you have a Old Time Pottery in you area? Dollar tree is a good place as well as the usual suspects Michaels etc.

• edited December 2011
    Glassware:  We went plastic and used over 400 cups.  There was no where we could have kept 400 real glasses clean or dirty in the suite.

Chairs - We had a really hard time getting Planet Hollywood to give us a table, that was supposed to be in the room.  I'm not sure Mandalay would give you anything, but might rent them to you through their catering, room service or convention center.  I would also check out RVSP Rentals, past Knotties have rented different kinds of items from them in the past without issue.link

Candles - Votives tend to be less mess, since the only place the candle is melting into is the cup.  As far as where to get candle holders, I purchased very inexpensive ones from Ikea in our wedding colors.  And I second the dollar store, I have purchased many candle holders for company parties there.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @queenklm.....great point on the glasses, out of curiousity how many guests did you have and how many hours was your reception?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also curious if MB will give you any extra chairs.  Let me know what they say.  I was told by my wedding coordinator that they cannot provide extra chairs because of Nevada State fire codes or something along those lines.  Each suite is  only allowed a certain # of chairs.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chairs-glassware-candles-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:271014df-c17b-46f1-ab9a-8bf12165875bPost:0cee51e1-0722-4099-8f40-83f7f9de2d6a">Re: Chairs, glassware, candles - oh my!</a>:
    [QUOTE]@queenklm.....great point on the glasses, out of curiousity how many guests did you have and how many hours was your reception?
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

In the course of the night we had 130 people, we started at 7pm and wound down around 1am.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second IKEA for candles.  I bought 250 small votives (in little tins) for a party once.  They did burn out within 2 hours, but they have lots of other inexpensive options.
  • MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: disposable glasses, I'm partial to http://www.smartyhadaparty.com/Category333-Category_-_Cocktail_Glasses.aspx. At least they aren't all the same.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011

I bought 200 10 oz disposable cups from smartyhadaparty. Very pleased with them. I also got 100 shot glasses. With all this talk, I may order some disposable wine glasses/champagne flutes. We expect to only have 60 at most,  and I bought more than Culinary Pros suggested for my guest count.

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just deciding on this myself.  For our 50-60 guest count I think we are going to do plastic glasses for mixed drinks, beer and champagne, but for wine I think I want those to be glass so we'll get about 30 wine glasses. 

We are going to rent extra folding chairs just in case they are needed.  Our suite has 29 seating spaces, so we're going to rent about 15 chairs from the rental co.

We're also going to rent about 5 high top tables.
  • edited December 2011
    They reccommended  300 10 oz tumblers for 100 people. They also suggest 300 cocktail napkins. 
  • edited December 2011
    OP - You mentioned using the hospitality suite? I think in that case you could extra chairs from Mandalay as that suite is intended to be used that way. You could also probably get extra glasses. We were in the Vista Suite and just called down and had them bring us like 10 wine glasses. I can't remember if they charged us.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chairs-glassware-candles-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:271014df-c17b-46f1-ab9a-8bf12165875bPost:77f6745f-8090-4a61-b31f-df634ef71273">Re: Chairs, glassware, candles - oh my!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara - I like the high boy idea.  Are you using RSVP?  I might not even bother with MB for extra chairs, because I don't want any fuss with them.  Magic - Thanks for sharing your numbers.  I'll definitely be getting napkins and swizzle sticks.
    Posted by empegues[/QUOTE]

Not sure who we are using yet, I'm waiting for a vendor to get me back on their prices.  So far RSVP and Rebel Party Rental (who Aegrish used), are both the exact same prices for the stuff we'd need, so hoping this 3rd one may come out cheaper.  I can keep you posted.  That was my thought too on not wanting to fuss with MB.
  • MisEstaMisEsta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have the hospitality suite too and I like the idea of plastic cups. Less mess to clean up!

We're planning for 100 people, but Im not to worried about the chairs. This suite is just for cake, drinks, and music. We're having lunch in the MB buffet after our ceremony.

And I'm still undecided about the candles...but I may get some aroma candles for the bathrooms Laughing

Thanks for this post! Perfect timing too, I need to order my cups this week! And I love the smarty website!! Thanks ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ah good question! and now that im thinking of it...for those of you who ordered/are ordering items for your reception, how are you getting them to vegas?i'm thinking of shipping them to fedex or something but maybe someone has a better idea :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_chairs-glassware-candles-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:271014df-c17b-46f1-ab9a-8bf12165875bPost:eb45b628-893b-4da2-a47d-a1cddd20e897">Re: Chairs, glassware, candles - oh my!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Justine, I think a bunch of brides ship to the nearest UPS store or directly to their reception venue if they are using a restaurant.  I've heard you can ship directly to your hotel, but theirs an additional fee for them to hold your boxes for you.
    Posted by empegues[/QUOTE]

Thats what i was thinking. Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards