North Carolina

Outer Banks Help

Can anyone recommend a good ceremony and/or reception site in the Outer Banks.  The only place I can find is the Sanderling Inn and it's a little pricey??
Thanks!!

Re: Outer Banks Help

• edited December 2011
    What area of the Outer Banks are you looking at?  Hatteras?  Ocracoke?  Crystal Coast?
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to repost on the NC Outer Banks board. The knotties there probably have many suggestions.
  • tderstinetderstine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking to have an Outer Banks wedding next year in September.  My fiances parents have two rental homes in Duck, NC and we will probably use the Sunday-Sunday rental for the parents and grandparents.  What we wanted is something in Corolla (because the homes are typically cheaper to rent and can house more people) and the ceremony/reception on the beach.  I wanted to rent a 8+ room home for the week of 8/27 and have the wedding party stay there for the week.  My fiance and I would then get married on 9/3/2011.  We wanted to marry the following week because it is cheaper to rent but we have a 6 year old that will miss the first week of school so we want to do it the week of labor day.  This will also provide our guests the extra day off to travel if needed (Monday is holiday).  I also wanted to be close to the Hampton Inn (Corolla) so the guests can rent rooms close by.
    We have a budget so I would like to keeps costs down whenever possible.  I thought a ceremony and reception on the beach would help to keep costs down and we could hire a caterer for food and bartenders to serve (we would supply alcohol).  What would be ideal is for the wedding party rental home, to have a large enough lot that we could have the reception on the beach (in front of the lot) and open the house or at least the pool area.
    The problem I have is that we are from PA.  I have a very large family and my fiance has a very small family.  In just counting my immediate family (18 or older), I'm looking at 75 guests.  My fiance has about 25 guests and then we have approximately 50 close friends that have made the list.  With a guest list of 150, we are limiting ourselves because of size.  What I plan to do is send out save the date cards soon and have people register on our website providing an early (tentative) RSVP so we can eliminate some formal invites to those that we know can't come.  This will also help us to gather a better idea of how many guests we should expect.
    I know some of the Brindley Homes can hold up to 75 guests but what if there is more?  I'm also not sure if the ceremony can be on the beach there or not.
    Suggestions?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards