Nevada-Las Vegas

Ceremony & Reception in same space... Transition? *VG*

What did you do with your guests while the staff sets up the reception space?

At this point, after the ceremony my guests will be ushered to the area of the room with the bar. They will be able to see the entire transformation of the room. I feel like the element of surprise will be gone. Any ideas? Or is this just something that probably isn't that big of a deal and I am being too picky?

Re: Ceremony & Reception in same space... Transition? *VG*

• edited December 2011
    Maybe have one-on -one guest well wishes w/ Videographer? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_ceremony-reception-same-space-transition-vg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3bb9cd42-fb7a-4e9c-a1e7-fbdb927a8326Post:76f03fdb-107f-46c5-aa62-db21c1d626d6">Ceremony & Reception in same space... Transition? *VG*</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you do with your guests while the staff sets up the reception space? At this point, after the ceremony my guests will be ushered to the area of the room with the bar. They will be able to see the entire transformation of the room. I feel like the element of surprise will be gone. Any ideas? Or is this just something that probably isn't that big of a deal and I am being too picky?
    Posted by CamilleJon[/QUOTE]

We didn't have an issue because we had the ceremony in the 4 o'clock hour where Mix Lounge normally opens for business at 5pm.  So Mix moved all of our guests over to the Lounge after the ceremony for open bar and hors d'oeuvres while they brought all the tables back into the restaurant and got it set back up.  Things ran a little late so they opened the Lounge about 20 minutes later than normal but when the guests were brought back in it was converted back to restaurant mode and the DJ already had all their stuff set up.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011
    Our guests had cocktails on the terrace while they were setting up the banquet area for the reception...pretty sure they had mostly everything set up before hand, but if they didn't I sure didn't notice!  We had our ceremony at the Four Seasons btw... the reception was in their Mesquite Room. Hope this helps you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards