Nevada-Las Vegas

Wynn-No outside florists-vent

So I was trying to figure out a way to pay a more reasonable price for my bridesmaids bouquets since the Wynn only includes mine and the grooms in our wedding package.   Well, I thought about getting another florist to do the bridemaids bouquets.  Hoping I would not tell the Wynn folks and just show up with the bouquets.  Well I reached out to some florists and was told that they would not provide bouquets for me unless the Wynn gives a release to do so.  NOw you know they will not.  The cost for a bridesmaids bouquets is between 150-300 and the boutinerre was 30-50.  Are you kidding me, I just had someone who would give me a bouquet for 75 and the boutinerre for 10 dollars.  This really sucks.  I need an alternative.  Would it be crazy if the bridesmaids did not have a bouquet? 

Re: Wynn-No outside florists-vent

• edited December 2011
    The cost for bouquets for my girls was ridiculous, so I stole an idea from chrisandeva and got clutches for my bridesmaids.  I bought them each matching satin purple clutches from ebags.com.  I found a coupon code online and was able to get the 4 bags for under $100, including shipping.

It made for a nice gift and they weren't empty handed coming down the aisle.
  • edited December 2011
    I have also seen really cool fake flowers from Etsy. I know Rach did this at MB and they didn't give her a hard time.
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have to tell the floriest where you are getting married? As long as you pick them up from the florist it shouldnt be an issue.
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wynn are pretty strict with not allowing outside vendors - and wait til you see the prices for the decorations - it is utterly insane. I ended up booking elsewhere for this exact reason (even though the Primrose Courtyard is the prettiest venue in Vegas IMO) - but when we were considering it I was thinking of peacock feather fans, parasols or a clutch for the bridesmaids. And I would second Etsy re the fake bouquets - you can get cloth, feathers and jewels instead of flowers and they look really unique. But I would still make sure that this won't pose a problem or be classed as an outside vendor.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately the florists wanted to know that which hotel when I requested the quote.  Thanks so much Ladies, I will check with the Wynn before I do any alternative.  
  • edited December 2011
    Please update when you find out. I'm a Wynn bride too and I'm toying with the idea of Etsy bouquets or something else for the bridesmaids since their floral is so incredibly expensive.
  • ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Wynn bide too. They will not allow any outside floral, even if its fake.  So if you do etsy bouquets, they cannot be of the floral persuasion, and I would make sure you run other things like feathers and stuff by the Wynn first just to be safe.  My Wynn WC quoted only $80 for six-rose bouquets for my girls, which is way less than $150.  Yes they are very small, but I think they are still pretty and better than no bouquets at all.  Maybe talk to your WC about that option.
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at Bellagio and they don't allow outside florists either.  I just didn't have my girls carry bouquets. 

They had clutches to carry that I bought for them for 10 bucks each but I wasn't sure if I was going to use them or not.  I also had them walk down the aisle WITH the groomsment.

Trust me NO ONE will notice they aren't carrying bouquets, everyone will be looking at you.
  • scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am quite nervous as I know the Wynn is one of the priciest venues and have set my expectations that considering the ceremony is only 20 minutes at the max that its not worth investing thousands on decor (when it's already a $1500 upgrade fee just to use the Primrose venue)... does anyone actually have a pricelist for other add-ons (e.g., candle lit asile, white fabric draped from the gable as they show in many of the Primrose photos). My WC at the Wynn tells me all pricing is custom and we'll discuss in person when I get there on my scouting trip - but there must be a general price list somewhere.

Any previous Wynn brides have it?
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tell them what you'd like to spend on each bouquet and they should be able to come up with something within your budget. I recall a former Wynn bride saying they were very willing to work within her budget.

FYI - We paid $55 /ea for 3 bridesmaid bouquets made up of green spider mums. This was at Caesar's Palace though. I found them pretty reasonable for their flower prices.

We would've loved to have our ceremony at the Wynn, but the $1500 site fee for the Primrose Garden AND knowing their floral prices were higher scared us off.

I love the idea of using clutch purses too.

Good luck!

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • ginamarie1985ginamarie1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think a general price list exsts.  I think it all depends on your WC and what package you have maybe.  I just keep emailing my WC and asking whenever I have a price question about something and she gets back to me with the price.  Hope that helps.
    "That's what you get for waking up in Vegas." ***My Wedding Bio!***
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-outside-florists-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f489447-7f4f-4845-a10d-5b6756a95f3ePost:5867f2c2-071d-4b50-80a8-6e0349238464">Re: Wynn-No outside florists-vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am quite nervous as I know the Wynn is one of the priciest venues and have set my expectations that considering the ceremony is only 20 minutes at the max that its not worth investing thousands on decor (when it's already a $1500 upgrade fee just to use the Primrose venue)... does anyone actually have a pricelist for other add-ons (e.g., candle lit asile, white fabric draped from the gable as they show in many of the Primrose photos). My WC at the Wynn tells me all pricing is custom and we'll discuss in person when I get there on my scouting trip - but there must be a general price list somewhere. Any previous Wynn brides have it?
    Posted by scr1982[/QUOTE]

How many guests are you anticipating? If you pick the Just the Basics package, which is a 30min ceremony, you only pay $750 for Primrose.

I had inquired about aisle candles and they are approx. $700.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies,

I got a general price list for some things like linen, bouquets, etc.  I will let you know what I find out as I have my final conference call with the WC on the 7th. Thanks for the information about doing a smaller bouquet as I definitely don't want to spend that kind of money. 
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-outside-florists-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f489447-7f4f-4845-a10d-5b6756a95f3ePost:eb113438-b7b3-489e-81b2-a7bd45a067c3">Re: Wynn-No outside florists-vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell them what you'd like to spend on each bouquet and they should be able to come up with something within your budget. I recall a former Wynn bride saying they were very willing to work within her budget. FYI - We paid $55 /ea for 3 bridesmaid bouquets made up of green spider mums. This was at Caesar's Palace though. I found them pretty reasonable for their flower prices. We would've loved to have our ceremony at the Wynn, but the $1500 site fee for the Primrose Garden AND knowing their floral prices were higher scared us off. I love the idea of using clutch purses too. Good luck!
    Posted by SunnyCanadian[/QUOTE]

THIS!  The ladies at the Wynn are very accomodating of any budget so tell them what you'd like to spend per bouquet and they will tell you what they can do. 
  • scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-outside-florists-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:3f489447-7f4f-4845-a10d-5b6756a95f3ePost:6ce5f5a2-4e6a-4d8d-9cf7-b310ac82a917">Re: Wynn-No outside florists-vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wynn-No outside florists-vent : How many guests are you anticipating? If you pick the Just the Basics package, which is a 30min ceremony, you only pay $750 for Primrose. I had inquired about aisle candles and they are approx. $700.
    Posted by 1DestinationBride[/QUOTE]

<div>OOH, that's really good to know. They never mentioned that they would reduce the price for Primrose by half for the shorter ceremony package.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I realized in retrospect that I probably shouldn't have asked my own question(s) in somebody else's thread. I just got excited that they were asking something similar. My apologies if I broke any rules :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards