Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Dress Dilemma!

Hey Vegas ladies!

I've got a dress question for ya. We are having our ceremony at TI at 2pm. After we are having a friend take our pics in a few places, having pizza delivered to one of our rooms and eating and socializing. Later in the evening we will be going out on the town. I am torn as to if I should wear my actual wedding dress out or not because 6 days later I'm wearing it again at home for our reception. I won't have time to clean it before the reception and I still want it to look nice. How dirty/trashed was your dress after wearing it out? I'm toying with the idea of getting another cheap white dress to wear out with a veil, but I'm really having a hard time finding something white/ivory and cheap. Help! What should I do?

Re: Dress Dilemma!

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should get another dress for your home celebration. Why do you want to wear your wedding dress at home? I'm just curious. It's not your wedding anymore, I think it's kinda weird. When is your wedding? I'm sure there will be good sales coming up soon, especially that Black Friday is right around the corner! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to wear the dress at home, because its the reception and the people coming to the reception will want to see it. We are making the people who were unable to come to Vegas feel like they are just as much of a part of the wedding as everyone who could come. We will be playing the ceremony dvd for our guests and then making our entrence wedding party and all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some brides get a ceremony dress for the ceremony and pictures and a different dress for the reception and afterwards.  For the reception dress you could get a white cocktail dress, which shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dress-dilemma-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:402b2474-ccd8-4059-aed7-6569ffd6ad27Post:161c7894-55cc-47d2-bcfe-3f8194eaa82b">Re: Dress Dilemma!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some brides get a ceremony dress for the ceremony and pictures and a different dress for the reception and afterwards.  For the reception dress you could get a white cocktail dress, which shouldn't be too hard to find.
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this.  I think this is probably the only way you can "save" your dress if you don't have time to get it cleaned for the AHR.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs. If you really are going to be wearing your dress at home, then just get a different dress for your reception here. This way, you know that the dress won't be dirty or ruined. A cocktail dress is a good idea. Check out stores like Windsor, Macy's, or other department stores. They have really good sale on their dress sections, and they've got tons to choose from. 
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a little weird to wear your dress for an AHR, but that's just me...
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend just had a vegas wedding a month ago.  She wore her wedding dress for the ceremony and pictures, and changed into another dress to go out in.  Then came home and had a big reception at a hall for everyone, and she wore the dress from her ceremony.  I don't think there is anything wierd about it. It was a normal wedding ceremony, the guys had tux's and the girls had their bridesmaids dresses, no reason not to wear your wedding dress.  Lucky bonus..you get to wear it twice...I think it all boils down to the fact that it's your special time, so do what makes you happy!
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of bridesmaids dresses come in white or ivory and are usually less expensive than buying a 2nd wedding dress.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister-in-law wore her wedding dress at her AHR. Don't let anyone hamper your plans. I also suggest a "reception" dress. You could do white, ivory or even your wedding colors.
  • Options
    solbejsolbej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married on 10/18/10. I wore my dress all day long. It was so much fun people will come up to you and say congratulations, as you walk by restaurants they will clink their glasses for you and your hubby to kiss! I will say we felt like celebrities, one or our favorite parts of our day!! We are having a full AHR (today) everyone who was in Vegas will be wearing their wedding attire. My dress is only slightly dirty at the very bottom, nothing anyone will really notice and after today it will probably be a little worse. My response from our guests has all been positive, they want to see us in our attire. Hope this helps : )
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dress-dilemma-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:402b2474-ccd8-4059-aed7-6569ffd6ad27Post:2edc841f-3df1-4632-bd40-aa550ece0b27">Re: Dress Dilemma!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it's a little weird to wear your dress for an AHR, but that's just me...
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]
    Ditto Smokey.<div>
    </div><div>FWIW, my dress was incredibly dirty after my wedding, reception, going out. Granted, the majority of the dirt was on the bottom of them hem, on the under carriage of the dress. But I didn't have pizza for dinner either...Me and pizza always equals a big mess. </div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on having an after party at a club so I am going to get a shorter dress to go out in the evening - my wedding isnt until 2012 so I am going to keep my eye out and hopefully get a bargain
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dress-dilemma-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:402b2474-ccd8-4059-aed7-6569ffd6ad27Post:a7f85f33-c9b9-45f0-ae31-f68a79074dbe">Re: Dress Dilemma!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of bridesmaids dresses come in white or ivory and are usually less expensive than buying a 2nd wedding dress.
    Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

I agree with this - I especially recommend j. crew.  They have some fantastic bridesmaids dresses that are truly fashionable (and usually come in ivory/cream).  I'm planning on wearing one for my rehearsal dinner.  They're not super cheap, but cheaper than a second dress!
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing my wedding dress for the ceremony, for some photos running around Vegas with my guests - then change into a "going out" dress (ivory) for the rest of the night.
    I also plan on wearing my wedding dress again at the reception 4 days later at home :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having an at home reception and I plan to wear my wedding dress to that as well... I SPENT A LOT of money on my wedding dress and I am going to wear it at every opportunity possible. YOU GO GIRL, wear your wedding dress with pride (at home). There is nothing weird about it in my book. I love the idea, and am doing the same!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards