Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Transportation from Caesars to Trump?

We are having our ceramony at Caesars with a reception at Trump. Theres about a 2 1/2 hour space between the two while we do pictures with our photag. Do you think it is necessary to provide transportation from Caesars to Trump. I know its a bit of a walk. I was thinking of possibly using a 24 pass. bus from belltrans (we would need 2 or need to make 2 trips) and letting the guests know they can meet at Caesars at say 4:30/5 for a shuttle bus to take them to Trump and when the reception is done it will take them back to Caesars. Let me know what you think.....thanks Laughing

Re: Transportation from Caesars to Trump?

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say transportation on the way back is not necessary, some guests may want to stay there, head elsewhere, etc.

Also, While it definitely would be nice to have transportation from ceremony to reception, since there's a gap in between guests may want to head to trump ahead of time, and skip out on the provided transportation.  If I was a guest and had to get my own transportation to Trump, considering the gap I would not mind finding my own way at all.  Again if the reception was immediately following, I think transportation should be provided. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat.. My ceremony is at 1PM at COF and reception is at Mandalay Bay at 5pm.  There will be a strIp tour with the photog between the two. I have been going back and forth about providing transportation. Latest thought is that we won't. We get two limos with COF package so, 16 people will get transported, but the other 40 will have to find their way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that unless the walk is around the corner, across the street, or next door, providing transportation is really considerate. I wouldn't want my guests to try to walk- what if it's hot?- or to have to pay for a cab.

When I was planning Flamingo & Platinum, we were going to have 2 buses take people over to the Platinum after the ceremony, and then one bus for two hours at the end of the night (9:30-11:30 or so, reception ends at 11), so people could leave whenever they wanted.
  • Options
    canadakid67canadakid67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_transportation-caesars-trump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4f428cd4-494b-459b-9fce-6975d6f924eaPost:63e6a4fa-353c-4ac7-86e7-d139185b0593">Transportation from Caesars to Trump?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having our ceramony at Caesars with a reception at Trump. Theres about a 2 1/2 hour space between the two while we do pictures with our photag. Do you think it is necessary to provide transportation from Caesars to Trump. I know its a bit of a walk. I was thinking of possibly using a 24 pass. bus from belltrans (we would need 2 or need to make 2 trips) and letting the guests know they can meet at Caesars at say 4:30/5 for a shuttle bus to take them to Trump and when the reception is done it will take them back to Caesars. Let me know what you think.....thanks
    Posted by junebug61103[/QUOTE]

We're getting Married at the Trump and from what I understand they actually have a shuttle there that makes runs to Caesar's and also the Wynn. You may want to call the Trump to inquire about that.
    I'm The Groom!
  • Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_transportation-caesars-trump?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4f428cd4-494b-459b-9fce-6975d6f924eaPost:7cce37c5-af50-41e6-a211-2452b172be3d">Re: Transportation from Caesars to Trump?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Transportation from Caesars to Trump? : We're getting Married at the Trump and from what I understand they actually have a shuttle there that makes runs to Caesar's and also the Wynn. You may want to call the Trump to inquire about that.
    Posted by canadakid67[/QUOTE]

I believe you are correct...good idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I didnt know that. I looked online and I could find anything, thats why I was resorting to Bell Trans. Ill have to ask our planner. Thanks!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If they have a shuttle, go for that! Otherwise, I think providing transportation is an added bonus in this case but not required.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards