Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

shipping your dress

hey girls i want to ship my dress to fit for a bride, i just dont want to deal wth lugging it around the airport, for those of you who did ship it, who did you use, how did the process go, was everything ok??
thanks!

Re: shipping your dress

• Options
    leman000leman000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shipped it approximately 10 days before the wedding with UPS.  Debi called as soon as they received everything.  As soon as we checked into our hotel we called her with the hotel room # and within 1 hour the dress was at the bell desk and looked wonderful!  It was a very easy process instead of hauling it through the aiports etc! and only cost approximately $13 to ship it ground shipping from WI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    leman000 did u box it before you took to ups or did they have boxes there for you to use
  • Options
    leman000leman000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I boxed mine before I took it to UPS but they did have some there if I had needed them.  I turned the dress inside out and zipped it up in the dress bag and just folded it back and forth in the box and it didn't move around much and Debi said it was good when they got it.

• Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brave!  You ladies are VERY VERY brave!
  • Options
    DisneyFan33DisneyFan33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am really intrigued by this service. I'm thinking of trying it.

Girls--any experience with Fit For a Bride?

I have a short gown and can get it steamed at the hotel but I would hate to travel with it!
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers
  • Options
    leman000leman000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend the shipping option to Fit for a Bride 100%!  Made life so much easier for travel especially when you already have enough wedding stuff you have to travel with!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just emailed Debi for some info on shipping.

I think it's totally worth it!!

Thanks guys!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My dress is on the bigger side and the thought of trying to squeeze it into a carry on bag is stressing me out.  I'd like to try the shipping option to Debi but - wow - what on earth would you do if the dress was lost or ruined?  Especially if you are not someone who fits into any of these sample gowns?  You'd never be able to replace it in time.  I don't know if I can risk that.  Seriously, what was your Plan B if something happened?

How did you get your dress home?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree Marilynfan. I would like to know that too!

I would die if my dress got lost. However, when I emailed Debi she said to put a LARGE insurance on the dress when you ship it--that way it will get handled much better and they will be more careful with it. The shipping companies don't want to pay out the insurance so they are careful.

I still worry though, I'm on the fence still.

P.S. I love Marilyn too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey DisneyFan!  That is a good point about putting high insurance on it.  I'm on the fence too.  I am guessing if the dress was ruined I'd have to find a place to rent one in Vegas.  Pretty scary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards