Nevada-Las Vegas

Dress is too huge for carryon!!

Omg.. so I just packed my dress into my garmet bag.. and its HUGE.. twice the size of me at least and so heavy.. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress is too huge for carryon!!

• Fly Southwest and buy an extra seat, put it in the seat next to you; no folding, no stuffing in a box, no worrying about what FedEx just did to it, etc.

http://www.vegasgroom.com/%28Tip%29-Southwest-Airlines-Dress-Transportation_116.html

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Im flying Allegiant and the plane is booked.. no more seat available and it leaves in less than 12 hours... lol..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dress-is-too-huge-for-carryon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:561577f6-487e-48ef-b6a0-d1a514f74ddcPost:93bbcb4a-706d-4ee5-b81a-cb918ecfd205">Re: Dress is too huge for carryon!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im flying Allegiant and the plane is booked.. no more seat available and it leaves in less than 12 hours... lol..
    Posted by luckylynndee[/QUOTE]

<div>Good ole Allegiant, I've flown a couple times with them b/c you can't beat $19 one way to Vegas! but they charge for everything and I have seen ticket agents AND gate agents to measure the carry on to check if it is within their standards. I hope you can make it work :) and Congrats on your upcoming nuputals.</div>
  • Can you put it in a space saver bag, and have it steamed when you get there? Leaving in 12 hrs....I'm not sure what else you can do?? As a flight attendant, these days, it's not wise to depend on the airplane closet--if there even is a closet (depends on the aircraft type.) I'm not familiar with what type metal Allegiant uses. Good luck!
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • will they let you carry it to the jetway and gatecheck it?

It still might need to be steamed when you get to Vegas.
  • Bummer.  I thought about this when I booked our flights. Thank god MIL and FIL are driving....

At this point, I'm not sure you have any option but to stuff it into some form of luggage and gate check it :(
  • I made it work... I had to put it in an over head bin..and had it been any other type of dress I would have lost it the moment I saw my husband stuffing it in.. But the dress wasnt the kind that would wrinkle really.. It had all bows and feathers on the skirt and train.. Thank goodness!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards