Nevada-Las Vegas

Maggiano's - Communication issues?

Hi All,

I feel like I've read nothing less than stellar reviews of Maggiano's from everyone who has dealt with them. Over the past few months, when dealing with Cassy, things seem great - but the past few interactions have been with Mark and while he's quick to respond, I find him kindof abrupt, not really trying to be helpful and he doesn't actually answer all of my questions.

Another thing that rubbed me the wrong way is that, while trying to arrange for seeing the rooms and discussing details - he offered that we could walk through the rooms on our own when they're not there and just deal with him by fax/email to finalize the contract. Is it too much to be able to expect meeting with a banquet rep to ask our questions before we make this decision that is very important to us? I know they deal with dozens of events each week, but for us, this is one VERY IMPORTANT event!

Has anyone experienced this?

I'm wondering if he's not used to dealing with a guy and prefers to only deal with brides. Frankly, at this point, if it wasn't for the fact that Maggiano's is one of our main choices, I'd consider ruling it out. He's given me a time when he's available, and one when Cassy is. I'll be doing my best to make it to the appointment with Cassy, because I'd hate to rule them out just because of his email mannerisms.

Re: Maggiano's - Communication issues?

• edited December 2011
    I know lots of ladies will disagree w/ me and had lovely event there, but I always thought it was overrated.
  • edited December 2011
    I think he can be perceived as abrupt in that he is pretty direct and I had a time where he didn't answer one of the questions I asked, I just pointed it out and he answered it without issue.  I think he would be ginuinely concerned if he felt you were unhappy with the service you got.  He heard from the staff that my husband was unhappy with one of our dishes and he called us personally after our event which was a nice follow-up. 

Also, we got the same response regarding looking at the space, I think it was more of a way of saying if we aren't here don't feel like you can't look around.  However, if talking and meeting with them is a must definitely visit during one of the times they are available. 
  • scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... well if it's just him being efficient and not rude, I guess that's not too bad. Though I did specifically ask the question to him twice, and he still didn't respond. I figure (unless they further annoy me before then), I'll meet with Cassy and hope she can answer everything on the spot.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm - i can't say Marc was ever abrupt, I found he was very paitent with the questions I had...but then I talked to him the phone & the rest of the time I've dealt with Cassy via email.  As the Manager I think Marc handles the big picture and it seems like Casy does most of the detail work, so you might want to meet with Cassy when you do your site visit.

Good luck & let us all know where you decide!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had any problems dealing with them, but I had another vendor that was also very direct and to the point with no "frills".  I don't know about the email, maybe just ask him again or ask Cassy?

I hope you can get it all figured out, good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

When I first starting planning my reception at Maggiano's. I would call everyday to ask a quesation , I found that it was easier talking to Casey, However Mark just want you to get to the point .
  • Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'll play devil's advocate a bit here, so don't take this the wrong way, but I'm wondering how many questions you're asking. We didn't need a ton of communication with them, we organized floral, linens and decor through them as well as obviously food and timelines and I think there was just a few emails and faxes to pick it all and again to finalize - most of which was done through Casey. Maybe try saving up a few thoughts or questions or just do one email. I'm guessing you live close to Vegas or plan to be by, so trying to finalize some stuff in person might be a better plan for you?

In terms of seeing the room, we were told something similar when we were in Vegas a couple of months before our wedding. When we got there, Marc wasn't around and Casey hadn't started her shift yet but they showed us around and spent a lot of time with us and told us to come back that afternoon. My parents also ate there and met with Casey and she was super helpful with them, took time to go through our plans and show them everything as well.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always preferred dealing with Cassy with our planning
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on Cassy with emails.  Granted I didn't need much communication with them since I knew everything I needed from this board (i.e ipod dock, give up a desert for extra appetizer, etc) and it was all taken care of with a couple emails/faxes.  They seemed attentive with emails once we had signed the contract which is the important part to me.  I was back and forth with whether to upgrade the room and Cassy was great with sending seating plans. 

Melinda
  • scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again all - I'm definitely trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. So we'll see what happens.

At the end of it all, regardless of their reasons, I don't want to let these minor annoyances taint me towards them, but if they are the same in person (which it sounds like will not be the case) then maybe we're just not the right fit to work together. It's far too important of an event for us to not feel comfortable with our vendors :)

I'm glad I have this board to come to for a sober second thought!
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just met Mark this weekend when my fiance and I stopped in to check out the space. I made a point to contact them well in advance to see when they were available. I was stopping by on a Saturday so I figured they would be busy and left my schedule open and flexible to fit theirs. He was extremely warm to us and very patient. When we left he offered us delicious cookies to walk around the strip with. Via email and on the phone, I've found both Cassy and Mark to the point and eager to answer my questions in a timely manner.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards