Nevada-Las Vegas

Random Question - Wedding Witness

I am getting married in November in Vegas.  I really don't want to have a wedding party and I don't want just some random sign my wedding certificate. 

My question is - Could I just have my best friend sign as my witness with out having her stand next to me as a bridesmaid?

Thanks Everyone!

Re: Random Question - Wedding Witness

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_random-question-wedding-witness?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:64c6f5ac-6c5f-4baf-81eb-d75f0faa8179Post:91d0b378-2f4e-4d8b-84c8-76a4d361a9a2">Random Question - Wedding Witness</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am getting married in November in Vegas.  I really don't want to have a wedding party and I don't want just some random sign my wedding certificate.  My question is - Could I just have my best friend sign as my witness with out having her stand next to me as a bridesmaid? Thanks Everyone!
    Posted by MarlaMod[/QUOTE]

Yup you sure can.  I had the same situation.  We didn't have a bridal party but we had about 15 guests and I just had my Mom sign as a witness.  The person doesn't have to be part of your bridal party, they just need someone there to sign as a witness.  Best of luck!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sweet! Thanks!
  • Just keep in mind that a witness does have to be there during the ceremony so if you were going to go get married with the two of you and an officiant and them come back to wherever your friends are staying afterward, that won't work.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards