North Carolina

Dress Shopping in Charlotte

Hey! So, I am a Clemson student originally from Rock Hill, SC and planning to get married in Concord. I am looking at coming home within the next couple weeks to go wedding dress shopping with my mom, sister, and FMIL. I am staying relatively inexpensive with my dress ($1000 budget), so I would like to go to a place where they have designers like Allure, Alfred Angelo, etc. I've found some places online by just googling, but I thought some of you ladies might have some suggestions of great places you've gone to. Thanks in advance!

Re: Dress Shopping in Charlotte

• edited December 2011
    I went to The Lily Rose (I think!) in Cornelius and also NY Bride & Groom.  I  am not sure on the designers either one carries/their price points, but I had great experiences at both shops!  I ended up buying mine at David's, but I liked both of those shops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    Dar-lynn's in Matthews, NC!

I bought my dress there- Allure- many price points and I have had a great experience with all the women in there. Mallorie was the person I worked with from my first time in store all the way through.

What I really liked is that my mom and I were in there almost every weekend for months- between buying, alterations, learning to bustle, buying shoes, etc.- and the women never were bothered by it and always helped us as if we were a "new sale". I did not find this to be the case at other places/vendors I've worked with.

Anyways...I can't post a final review yet since my wedding is not until May, but I've had my dress fully altered and wore it for my BP early April, still love it as much as I did when I first tried it on!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my Maggie Sottero dress from NY Bride and Groom... it was a little over your budget, but they had a lot of really gorgeous dresses there and also carry the Allure line and some other that I think might be a better budget fit.  I am still waiting for my dress to come in, but my shopping experience was great!  I also went to Mecklenburg Bridal, but I think most of their lines are more $$.

Oh, and GO TIGERS!  Class of 2006 :)
  • bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Concord, where are you getting married?!

I also got my dress from NY Bride, an Enzoani, and have been very pleased with their service.  There was actually a mishap with my dress order and they gave me a rehearsal dinner dress of my choice because of it.  We also went to DarLynn's this weekend for MOB dresses, very good service, small store.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ttrovinttrovin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! This really helps a lot! I just never know by looking at a place's website. I definitely think NY Bride & Groom and probably Dar-lynn's because they both sound great, but I will look at all of the places you mentioned.

@bellamisto43 - I'm actually getting married right outside Concord in Locust (but nobody has ever heard of that town when I mention it) at Magnolia Glen!
  • sed330sed330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to the David's Bridal at Northlake Mall a few weeks ago and had a great experience, but they of course don't have the designer labels you're looking for.
    You could try Group USA in Concord Mills or Bedazzled in Gastonia!

• edited December 2011
    I live in the Locust Area, since you are getting married at Magnolia Glen there is a great little bridal shop in locust. Kim specializes in Maggie Gowns but she is amazing to work with and does coordination as well and can help with many other vendors in the area. The Brides Choice is her shop and she is wonderful to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards