Nevada-Las Vegas

Considering the Platinum hotel.....

Hi al, I am about to scratch all my hometown wedding plans and go with vegas (which is what I originally wanted). But it would have to be a lot cheaper than what we are planning here for my fiance to agree, and of course we will have less people attending in vegas.

Has anyone planned a wedding/reception at platinum hotel? I see their different costs on the website but I am curious what REAL life advice on the costs you can give me....any advice, tips, etc.

Thanks!!!

Re: Considering the Platinum hotel.....

• I've heard good things about them; they are trying hard to compete with the strip resorts and from what I've read, doing a good job of it.  I don't know how they cmopare in price though.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We had our wedding and reception there. Everyone at the Platinum was amazing to work with. They went so above and beyond for everything.
    I'm not sure what your asking as far as pricing, let me know what your after and I'll be happy to answer as best I can. We supplied all our own vendors and just had to meet theri food & beverage min. (plus tax & tip)
  • I guess what was the total cost of your wedding......
  • edited December 2011
    I invited 111 people total, 75 came. We were in Kil@Wat 5:30p ceremony, 6p-11p reception

Our wedding cost about $19K total.
    Here's the approx breakdown:
    $11500 - F&B -Platinum
    $800 - Flowers -
    $900 - Attire (bride & groom + alterations & pressing)
    $2000 - Photography
    $700 - Photobooth
    $700 - Cake
    $600 - DJ
    $200 - lighting
    $500 - Hair & MU (bride, MOB, 2 BMs)
    $200 - Favors
    $250 - Elvis
    $150 - Paper products (STDs & Postage)
    $0 - Invites (trade value $200)

*numbers do not include tips

Obviously these numbers can vary greatly for anyone. It depends what you want. We had people flying in from all over the country so we wanted to be sure and go all out. 5 hour open bar, seated dinner with 3 options
  • Check out their all inclusive plans too.. we hired our own photographer, but opted for an all-inclusive plan which includes dinner (stations), open bar, officiant, flowers, etc.
    For 50 people we are paying $8500 including tax and gratutity.
  • Negotiate with them! We negotiated a little bit on the food & beverage minimum, we got an extra hour of reception time without an extra charge, they stocked champagne at the bar and they let us swap out different beers.

They were so nice to work with and they went above and beyond for us. I absolutely loved it there. Like Scarie, we had our event at Kil@Wat, and our total costs were pretty similar to her. We had 80 guests.

$9000 - F&B -Platinum
    $1000 - Flowers (Roxi Floral)
    $1500 - Attire (bride & groom + alterations & pressing)
    $3300 - Photography (Ron Miller)
    $250 - Cake (Retro Bakery)
    $1200 - DJ (All Night Long)
    $750 - Hair & MU (bride, MOB, 5 BMs) (Harmony Medina & Francesca Lombardo)
    $150 - Officiant (Pastor Pete)
    $600 - Invitations, STDs, postage, other paper products- placecards, programs, menus, etc
    $600 - limo (Earth Limos)
    This doesn't include tips, or anything on other days, like rehearsal and such. Ditto Scarie on the level we provided for our guests- 5 hour open bar, etc. For fewer guests or to use the Misora room on the roof, you're going to be looking at WAY less money.

The fact that Platinum has their menus and prices online is awesome. You may even be able to negotiate the prices of food and beverage.
  • I recently booked with Platinum and I have been nothing less than happy with my decision.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards