Nevada-Las Vegas

Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)

Morning! Soooo...

1) How did you meet your DH/FI?

2) What are your plans so far...

3) Favorite part of planning so far...

4) Post a pic of your favorite wedding item so far...
2011-2012 Races
10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
Me:32 DH:33
IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)

Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)

• starree444starree444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! I'm in class being a rebel and posting on my phone!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:d8e964c3-a0f2-417a-92f6-06c5921857a1">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! I'm in class being a rebel and posting on my phone!
    Posted by rtzrill[/QUOTE]

LOL! Well....I should be working. hehe :) Well I am but just not as focused...
    2011-2012 Races
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hooray for mentally playing hooky! Btw, my FH and I met on the interwebs. Also as for planning, everything except for the date and city are up in the air. It's a little stressful.
  • edited December 2011
    In college.  I was his RA

Ceremony at Caesars Palace Juno Garden
    Double Decker Bus transporting our guests on a strip tour
    Reception at Maggianos

Honestly, I can't think of anything that has been a favorite.  I guess maybe, this board making a lot of the research easy?  And then the fact that my FI and I agreed on everything we liked fairly easily? 

lame, but my placecards!  i just got them Saturday and they are so gorgeous!  the pic is hard to see, but they have a dark purple paper flower with tiny green leaves on very nice paper.  (2 pics - all of them arranged alphabetically on my table, and close up - but i blacked out the last names)

• edited December 2011
    At work, when I got transfered to our CA location. Really weird thing: we both started for the company same month, same year, Feb 1999

Platinum Hotel for ceremony and reception. Our good friend is officiating the ceremony. We'll be in Vegas in less than 2 weeks!

Researching and making spreadsheets. God, I'm a nerd

It's not a item so much. We've been incorporating this heart design throuout the wedding: on our invites, our cake, Ben even had a custom GOBO made (it's the thing they put over a light to cast a design onto a surface, such as the wall or floor

• edited December 2011

My fiancee and I met on PlentyofFish. :)

Staying in two bedroom suite at Planet Hollywood Westgate Towers.
    *Hair and make-up vendor still undecided.*
    Jason`s Deli for morning of brunch.
    *Limo transport to ceremony still undecided.*
    Ceremony at the Venus Garden at Caesars Palace.
    Reception at PH Westgate Towers.
    Masterpiece Cuisine catering.
    Renting margarita machine from MargaritaMan.
    *Cupcakes vendor still undecided.*
    Travis Allen for one hour.
    Double Decker strip tour reception afterparty.
    Pampas Churrascaria thank you brunch.

Now that all of the big stuff has been decided, I`m having a lot of fun planning the little details... Accessories, favors, tweaking our programs...

My bouquet! Here`s the listing on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58934188

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:611e3f6a-1ad1-4586-b565-4c43008438f8">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bouquet! Here`s the listing on Etsy: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58934188" rel='nofollow'>http://www.etsy.com/transaction/58934188</a>
    Posted by bigbeautifulfemme[/QUOTE]
    Wow, that bouquet is gorgeous!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:046aaac6-b3e4-4a45-875b-75824d142a51">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!) : Wow, that bouquet is gorgeous!
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

DITTO!
    2011-2012 Races
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous bouquet!

I like the idea of doing it with something other than fresh flowers. They're usually expensive, and they usually have to be shipped in to wherever you are, so it`s also not environmentally friendly.

I ordered some fake flowers for my bouquet and to decorate my cake. We'll see if they end up being as nice as they look online!

My favorite thing for my wedding so far are my shoes. They`re the only thing i`ve gotten! :P
  • edited December 2011
    I love the bouquet too! and I think our colors might be similar so I'll have to keep an eye out to grab some ideas from you.... :D 

We went to high school together and he dated my friend for a while, then years after their break up it just sort of.. happened! 

Ceamony at Ceasars Palace, Juno Gardens at dust, small in suite reception to follow, then a HUGE (people wise) reception in New Mexico where our families live. (I'm dropping the ball on the in suite part, but trying not to panic about it...)

The decorations, favors, and small details! Food and venue I kind of know will get done and deserves it's attention but the little things are what keeps me focused on the possitive. Also I think finally coming to the conclusion of not being influenced to make drastic desisions by anyone but FI. It's OUR day, WE'RE the only one's who will care about it in twenty years, so it should be EXACTLY what we want! :)

Too many to choose! Dress, shoes, decorations!!! Here's this... http://pinterest.com/kimberly_garley/wedding/   :)

I LOVE reading about others wedding plans, this was a great post stinkerbell!
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, thank you all for your compliments.  I'm not really much for flowers in the first place, but my fiancee was 500% opposed to our bridesmaids carrying clutches.  I felt it was a good compromise, and we were also able to avoid paying Caesars to upgrade our floral or pay the outside vendor fee. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Where we met: On the interwebz (pof) What we have planned so far: Drunken ridiculousness up to wedding day, Ceremony at the Valley of Fire Reception at the large house we rented Favorite planning part: Researching- I'm a knowledge whore and will pick apart every spec of info- Finding the cost/quality happy medium- No picks of items a they Are all being shipped to the house we are getting hitched at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!) : Wow, that bouquet is gorgeous!
    Posted by direy25

DITTO!!!

I'm thinking of ordering one for my wedding shadowbox!
  • ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) How did you meet your DH/FI?Our friends hooked us up.  2) What are your plans so far...Ceremony and reception in the Vista Suite at MB. Photographer – Todd, Food – Masterpiece, Cupcakes – Retro, Entertainment – Travis Allen, etc.

3) Favourite part of planning so far...My dress!! I am in love with my dress designer. And my pale pink, polka dot tulle 50’s style dress couldn’t be more me. She's is even embroidering a pale blue skull on the inside of me dress, as my something blue J

4) Post a pic of your favourite wedding item so far...2 way tie between my STD’s & my paper flowers. I’m not finished the flowers yet but this is basically what they look like i still haven’t decided what to do for the handle yet.

• edited December 2011
    YAY Stinker Polls!

We met through our favorite band's fanclub (Dave Matthews Band).

Ceremony at MB, DD Bus Strip Tour for our guests while we take pictures, reception at Maggiano's.  MUA: Harmony, Photog: Mike L (SQUEE).  Possibly night out the day before, and maybe family brunch the day after.

Planning where we're staying/doing/eating, figuring out what will be fun for our guests!  We also just got mock-ups of our invites yesterday, and I got really excited about something I never thought I'd enjoy.  Haha!

I don't have a pic of our wedding rings, but that's definitely it!!!  (They're my parents' bands, and they were married for almost 30 years before my Dad passed.)

Otherwise, the purses I bought for myself and BM in our wedding colors:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/74074737/1-pleated-clutch-whidden-wrist-strap-in
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We first met when we both worked for the same company.  Three years later he proposed on a trip to NYC at the top of the Empire State Building.

Ceremony at Valley of the Falls Mandalay Bay
    Cocktail Reception at MB Foundation Room Patio (Amazing view!)
    Booked Todd for pics

Researching and budgeting.  I like planning things.
    It seems like what I thought would be hard would be easy and what I thought would be easy is hard!!  For example my dress was easy....but I can't find the right shoes!

My engagement ring. =)  I think that counts as a wedding item.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:dcbfa4b7-57e4-46f0-a105-b3fe83dad047">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY Stinker Polls! 1) How did you meet your DH/FI? We met through our favorite band's fanclub (Dave Matthews Band). --
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Omg, you guys met through the Warehouse!?! Too funny! That's awesome though, nothing better than meeting a fellow DMB fan! We are huge fans too! Did you make it to any of the Caravan shows? We went to Chicago. Good shows but wasn't too impressed with the venue. Can't wait for next year at Alpine! I was just talking about that today actually:)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:3c401ce0-ea28-462c-bd59-3886aea0d39e">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!) : Omg, you guys met through the Warehouse!?! Too funny! That's awesome though, nothing better than meeting a fellow DMB fan! We are huge fans too! Did you make it to any of the Caravan shows? We went to Chicago. Good shows but wasn't too impressed with the venue. Can't wait for next year at Alpine! I was just talking about that today actually:)
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]

Yes, we did :)  We started talking about DMB and it naturally evolved from there.  It's a fun "hobby" to share!

My avatar picture was taken at SPAC - he proposed the night before the concert last year :)  We didn't go to the caravans, but we plan on at least Alpine and hopefully Gorge next year!!  This is the first year since 2001 that I didn't get to Alpine :(

You're getting close, btw!!!  I hope all is going well!
  • edited December 2011

mutal friend thought we would be great together

trying to finalize ceremony details at wynn-primrose
    and now in the final hour find a new reception at the wynn Yell

wedding attire, hair, makeup and jewlery!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We met in 2003 in our high school marching band.. both in drumline :-)

Chapel of the Flowers- Glass Gardens ceremony
    DD bus tour
    Mini-reception in Masterpiece Suite @ Artisan
    After that who knows!!! 2 weeks from tomorrow!!

Well, I'm really not stressed at all so that is awesome. This board has been so helpful.. without it I really have no idea how I would've known anything!!

Aside from my ring, dress, & fiance... the invitations I slaved over for hours!! Don't have a picture of the inside but they were soooo nice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ellebaileyellebailey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    themrsJRD: Those invites are amazing!!!! And that's just the outside.
  • edited December 2011
    A mutual friend invited us out to dinner and we just clicked!

6 weeks out and I'm almost done. Ceremony at CP Venus Garden, reception dinner at The Palm in the Forum Shops (with a visit from Travis Allen), and afterparty at VBar in the Venetian. I am so excited!

I've really enjoyed researching/thinking about all the little details. I wanted a few things that people went "Aww... that's really cool!" and I hope I accomplished that.

My invites- by far. I don't have any pics and I don't want to steal hers so here's a link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/53075239/stella-pocketfold-invitation-sample
  • themrsJRDthemrsJRD member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:d3407c3c-a12a-4097-8c91-9792348d2253">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]themrsJRD : Those invites are amazing!!!! And that's just the outside.
    Posted by ellebailey[/QUOTE]

<div>Thank you!!!!! I seriously spent a weekend on them & I only did 25. I'm not the craftiest person so I was really proud. My mom got the inserts on the inside printed for me & the fiance actually stepped up & did the vellum inserts. (I only say that because he didn't really do anything else wedding-related, lol. I still love him though. He just didn't care as much as me!)</div><div>
    </div><div>I really have to take a picture of the spares!! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

We met through mutual friends.  And now our best friends are married to each other, and we all have so much fun together!

Our ceremony is at the Flamingo Garden Gazebo, followed by a reception at Maggiano's.  We have Todd booked as our photog and Harmony for hair and makeup. 

The possibilities in Vegas are endless!  (which can also make planning somewhat difficult)  Finding this board has been the best thing!

I have to say that I may be slacking a little.  When we first got engaged, I was heavily into the details from the start, but I think I got burned out on wedding planning.  The only item completed thus far is our magnet STD's.  Next up is purchasing the dress (which I think I found)!!

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    love reading all of these!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_morning-lv-knotties-lurkers-come-also?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:86cc8e7c-def1-45e7-8e09-98c8229c0dc1Post:12534c69-01c7-4de1-9cef-ed39f7aa94b0">Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning LV Knotties :) (LURKERS COME ON IN ALSO!) : Yes, we did :)  We started talking about DMB and it naturally evolved from there.  It's a fun "hobby" to share! My avatar picture was taken at SPAC - he proposed the night before the concert last year :)  We didn't go to the caravans, but we plan on at least Alpine and hopefully Gorge next year!!  This is the first year since 2001 that I didn't get to Alpine :( You're getting close, btw!!!  I hope all is going well!
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

Nice on the pic!  Awe on the concert proposal:)  My FI "re-proposed" during our song, You and Me, at Alpine last time they were there.  Well they didn't really give us a choice this year to go to Alpine, sons of a:)  I was glad they did Caravan though, but nothing like Alpine I don't think!  Cannot wait til next year! 

I know so close, so much crap to do it feels like, agh!  Hope everything is going well for you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards