Nevada-Las Vegas

Review Uno

*Side note: I left my written reviews in Hubby's "man cave" last night and when I went to grab them just now I couldn't find them! I have been downstairs cleaning and he has been attacking the upstairs... aaaaannnnd I just fished the reviews out of a trashbag in our bathroom... *sigh*  funny, and I'm not saying anything about it to him... he IS cleaning so that's a plus!

Ok... on to the good stuff!

The Palms & Palms Place:  I love this property!  Upon check-in Wednesday, we discovered they goofed on our reservation (made with Groupon) and had no superior suites with one king bed left (this was the room we got during our walk-thrus in March through another Groupon... room was awesome!).  So we got the option of same room with two queen beds, a king bed in the regular palms tower (stayed there once, its the oldest tower and in our opinion was a room you only used to sleep in, nothing special.  So while trying to choose between to options we didnt really care for, the front desk also offered to upgrade us to a penthouse-y type suite at a deeply discounted rate.  I waffled again. She went back to talk to the manager... So H and I started talking to eachother and decided no matter what number she came back with we would go for it...with our groupon we were only paying about 60bucks a night anyway.  Well, she came back and offered the room at an even LOWER rate! SOLD! The room was amazing! 53rd floor, colored lights in the shower! tub filled from the ceiling! They sent complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and chanpagne to our room! We spent our two nights here partying with friends and family in town... SO FUN!

Also included in the groupon was $100 pool credit so Thursday morning we got some quiet time together and surprised that four rounds of drinks and two lunch items actually came in under $100! So moral of my story: Look for the deals! I love Groupon!

Sarah G was our contact at Palms and she is so amazing! Not only did she make sure that KingPin was set up correctly day of (didn't charge us the $/labor to get furniture removed from suite!), but spent quite a bit of time answering emails and phone calls. She took it upon herself to handle our room block (Studio suites @ Palms Place... again! awesome rooms! comfy beds, a little kitchen area and a jetted tub, guests loved them! Sunday night for $99 on room block was a steal! they were going for $235 to the public by the time June hit) and ran our walk-thrus and tastings (free!) when we visited in March.  Also sent fruit plates and MORE chocolate strawberries and champagne to our room!  Also day of, I only saw her for a few minutes, but she got me unseen into GB elevator and stayed extra looking for my mom at the end of the night to give her a hug goodbye!

The Kingpin room was perfect for us.  Having a wedding on an off day also saved us a ton of $$$! Main room had two lanes, a full bar, nine TVs half bathroom and a pool table. Master suite had plenty of space, walk-in closet, comfortable bed, another filled from the ceiling tub and a glass shower looking out on the strip! Another attached guest suite had two queen beds (removed for guest seating and photobooth) and bathroom with separate tub and shower and double sinks.

Ghostbar: Our contact here was Raul Daniels. Great guy. Straight shooter and every option we picked he followed through on! He was also the one to suggest naming the signature drink... (Thanks for the help on that knotties!) Also did lighting, chairs and DJ through him and lighting and DJ were able to follow us to KingPin smoothly.  I did have a few billing questions but he was so on the ball with emails and phonecalls and any errors/questions were fixed/answered same day, usually within the hour! We had Ghostbar for 1.5 hours including the entrance and hallway lit how we wanted, a private elevator open only to our guests during our rental, use of sound system and TVs, wireless microphone, choice of lighting for neon behind bar and the ghost in the ceiling. We added on a consumption based bar consisting of the "King of Hearts", beer and wine.

DJ- did through Palms, got resident DJ Benny Black. He was great! Everyone loved the music! I did give him a list to suggest some of our favorites... even listed a few shout outs that he totally followed through on as well as playing some requests (my dad asked to play the song he help me pick for my up-to-bat song in college... so cute). We got to talking at the end of the night, he's a California native whose girlfriend is from Washington and trying to get him to move up there! small world. Such a nice guy, good spins and great fomohawk!

End part 1...

Re: Review Uno

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards