North Carolina
Options

Venue/Coordinator issues...

I am having some major issues with my Venue Coordinator. When I first booked w/ the venue the Coordinator was awesome and she is the main reason I booked... well she no longer works there and the new lady is a total bia. She takes forever to respond to my emails, she is telling me that I need more staffing for my event than I was first quoted (after I signed the proposal and gave my deposit).. she says I may not be able to arrive at the venue as was promised when the old coordinator was there. Basically there are a lot of issues as far as things I was promised when the previous Coordinator was there and now I cannot have those promises. I have brought these things up to the new lady and even showed her the emails the previous coordinator but she is still being difficult. I have been as polite as I can be because after all, my wedding falls into her hands... what do I do?
**June 19, 2010** Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue/Coordinator issues...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is sounding all too familiar to me!  We are going through a very similar situation with a new coordinator at our facility!  Where are you getting married?

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe its time to request a formal in person meeting, and go armed with the printed out emails, and tell her that you considered the representations in those emails as part of any contract you made with the venue.  If she disagrees and tells you things have to be different make her give you a reason whythe previous guarantees aren't being honored.  Hopefully if she sees that you are being profesional about it, and won't just back down, she will get things together. 

If things don't get resolved, is there someone you can go over her head to?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Beth. It's time to march up there and tell her that you signed the contract expecting these promises and that just because the coordinators changed doesn't mean that agreements made are now null. Just be professional, but firm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ended up talking with my facility coordinator in person last week and told her nicely that I expected her to follow the agreements in the written contract just like I had to.  I would definitely plan to meet her in person and show her the emails you have!  GL and hang in there.  I know that it's a stressful time.  I completely flipped out when I found out our coordinator was changing, but once I was able to clear up all the gray areas, I felt much better.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that a face to face meeting is in order.  I would request that the coordinator's manager be there as well.  Take your contract and all the written material of things you were promised and see what they will do.  Good Luck.
    TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET BFN
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    jacobrooksjacobrooks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've already met her in person and shown her all the emails. I did that when I found out that she was the new coordinator because from the get-go with her it has been chaotic. But I am going there in a week or two to do my table mock up so I will definitely say something again. And her boss, who is the owner, is not professional at all either. It's really just a unprofessional business in my opinion.
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks.  Maybe you should throw in some subtly snarky comments, like "I was really excited to have our reception here because the reputation was so good,  I hope everything goes as planned."  Maybe a reminder of their reputation and the bad reviews they could get might change their tune (without being combative).  Srry things are going so rough :(  I don't have any better advice-I'm an attorney so I tend to base things on the written contract but obviously they are not being professional!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My coordinator at our venue just left, and they are searching for a new one.  I'm slightly worried that they won't honor what she promised us during our tour.  We go to sign our contract and put down the deposit in a week.  I'm concerned we are going to have these issues, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_venuecoordinator-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c04912ad-e2d4-44d2-8258-b359db51f984Post:adc9e389-c567-4163-a2ac-6b19221cd83d">Re: Venue/Coordinator issues...</a>:
    [QUOTE]And her boss, who is the owner, is not professional at all either. It's really just a unprofessional business in my opinion.
    Posted by jacobrooks[/QUOTE]

I'm curious, if you met the boss/owner before you signed a contract, why did you decide to go ahead with the place?  I would imagine an unprofessional attitude from the business owner would throw up a big red flag.  Was the previous coordinator a lot more on the ball?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_venuecoordinator-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c04912ad-e2d4-44d2-8258-b359db51f984Post:9bcbea23-bca5-485c-8af7-1e4bca674c8f">Re: Venue/Coordinator issues...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My coordinator at our venue just left, and they are searching for a new one.  I'm slightly worried that they won't honor what she promised us during our tour.  We go to sign our contract and put down the deposit in a week.  I'm concerned we are going to have these issues, too.
    Posted by cdrierson[/QUOTE]

Since you haven't signed anything yet, you can always pull out if you don't feel comfortable with the venue anymore. If you want to go ahead, just make sure that anything the previous coordinator promised you verbally gets put into writing in the contract. Don't trust anything a venue tells you without getting something in writing to back it up.
  • Options
    jacobrooksjacobrooks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No I did not meet the owner when I decided to go with the venue. The first coordinator was totally on the ball, and sooooo enthusiastic and seemed to really love being an event coordinator, she was the one who really sold the venue to me. But I guess I will just have to try to be stern with them and try to get what I expect to get from them. Thanks for all the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards