Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Who did / is doing your cake??

I know it's a little weird, but picking out a bakery is stressing me out!!!
I know what I want the cake to look like, but I have no clue what kind of cake or who to use.  Neither my fiance or I really like cake, so any suggestions on flavors would be awesome too... thanks!!

Re: Who did / is doing your cake??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gimme Some Sugar (http://www.gimmesomesugaronline.com/) because we wanted cheesecake and they were one of the one bakeries that offer that. They have been awesome to work with and have some amazing creations....not to mention I've heard they taste great! This is the look we are going for:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cake Designs LV, Dawn has been amazing to work with and hasn't minded answering e-mail after e-mail for me with questions!

http://www.cakedesignslv.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting ours through our dinner venue (Rumjungle at Mandalay Bay) and it's delicious.

But I do second the recommendation for Gimme Some Sugar.  I used them for FI's birthday cake and it was awesome (red velvet with cream cheese filling).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using LV Cake Design. We are getting cupcakes & a 6 inch cake for the top of the tower. The cupcakes are going to be chocolate with raspberry filling & white with strawberry filling. 
    I also agree that Dawn is great to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting our cake through Freed's.  We're having a cupcake tower and custom groom's cake.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I third Gimme Some Sugar. They have a DIY cake tasting that can be shipped, so that was what I did and YUMMY! =)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got mine through Cake Designs LV.  Dawn is fantastic to work with. We went with a simple flavor combination of white cake with chocolate mousse filling.

If neither of you like cake, why not do a cheescake or cupcake dessert instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gimmee Some Sugar as well.  They are definitely the go to girls for your more modern, elaborate designs.  Their work is amazing!  Can't wait to see my cake Friday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Cake Designs LV. We have picked out the design but not the flavors yet. I was stressed about finding a bakery as well especially since I couldn't taste the cake beforehand. Every cake I sent Gimme Some Sugar and Cake Designs LV, and Gimme Some Sugar was always more $$ by like $100, so that made my decision for me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards