Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NEED HELP!

What was the percentage of people that actually responded yes to your invitations and came. At this point we are hoping for a FIFTY..ugh fifty percent turnout...I have no idea how the guest list got THIS huge but I digress. I know that destination weddings typically have a smaller turnout (and usually people go to Vegas to have a smaller more intimate feel but here I am being a special snowflake). Just wanted to hear some ideas from ladies and gents that have been there already!! Thank you!!

ETA: We are not hoping for fifty percent because of space, there is enough space in our venue but because of money. I know I should not invite this many if I can't afford it but I am just wondering if I need to scrimp other places in order to invite everyone I love...hope that clarifies a little Smile
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: NEED HELP!

• Options
    When did you send out your invites?
  • Options
    We invited 187, 84 came. There were quite a few people on the list that we were 99% sure they would decline but you never know. You do want to factor in where people are traveling from - if you have a lot of people from AZ, I'd guess you might get more yes replies...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Make sure you only invite what you can afford.  We're sending out 50 invites and expecting 20-30ppl.  When we starting telling people we were getting married in Vegas we had some people tell us they couldn't make it right away.
  • Options
    Yeah I am feeling better about the numbers after I realized when we sent the date there were quite a few people who told me they wouldnt be able to make it...I guess I had a momentary freak out moment :) Thank you ladies though, I appreciate it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We invited 125, hoped that a few would decline since the place would only hold 120, and 110 came.  We did have some very surprising confirms; you never know who will want to come to Vegas.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We're inviting 145, I'm hoping we get between 90-110.  I'm with you-- we could manage to afford everyone, but to be honest I'm now thinking that the more people who come, the less time we get to spend with everyone.  
  • Options
    My wedding coordinator in Vegas told me that most DW have a 50% turnout but for some reason, Vegas weddings average more of a 75% turnout.

I am with you though, we only want a 50% turnout too! We invited about 120 and only 60 will fit in the suite! We just made assumptions that alot wouldn't come based on small talk before the STDs went out. If we do end up going over, they will just move our reception venue (which would be a little disappointing for me, but would work I guess)...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    We were around 50%. Yeah, make sure you can afford everyone...but you probably have a good guess of who will say yes and who will say no. We had very few surprises.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards