North Carolina

Engagement Party Protacal

Hey everyone!  I really don't get here as much as I would like due to work and school, but we are starting to plan! I am so excited :-)

Anyways, my mother is throwing us an engagement party in October.  Most of the time when my mother "plans" something, she pays for it and I do the work becasue she is always very very busy at work.  I am thinking about the RSVP for the engagement party and wanted to know if it would be appropriate to put my email as the RSVP or just have hers and ask me to foward it so I can keep track.  I guess it is not that big of a deal, but I have read some where that you are not really supposed to throw your own engagement party. 

I may just be worring about nothing...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Engagement Party Protacal

• CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I had this same situation, my mom is the polar opposite of me (she's totally disorganized) and I wanted people to RSVP to me so we didn't have chaos. So, her return address was on the invitation-envelopes, and the wording was Ms. Blah Blah requests you to join her... etc. So people knew she was hosting it, but then at the bottom of the invite was my phone number/email address so people knew to RSVP to me.

I don't think that's a big deal, most people would just think you were helping your mom keep track of things, especially if you make it clear on the invite that she's hosting it. :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's a big deal either.  If it bothers you, or your mom, just set up a new e-mail account for wedding related things that isn't obviously you and have people RSVP to that.
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP as long as the wording of the invite states your mom as hosting it doesn't matter who is getting the RSVP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards