Nevada-Las Vegas

Alterations

So I just saw my dress after the first round of alterations and my first reaction was, OMG, what have I done?!  Because my dress was SO tight and form fitting, to see it less than that was a little bit of a shock.  But I can breath now! And move! She fiddled with it a little bit and said her sewer let it out a pinch too much around my waist so she's redoing that and it made a world of difference.  Now I can wear a long line strapless bra and I think once that's all in place and it's finally wrinkle free, then I'll have my "perfect dress"! 
Has anyone ever had a knee-jerk "OMG" reaction when they tried their dress on the first time after alterations? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations

• no lol im going dress shopping sat :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_alterations-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:8fe7e48b-dd82-41fa-bcf0-4c6f34c7ce42Post:568e8856-ad96-4b46-8c8c-047ad6aab33e">Re: Alterations</a>:
    [QUOTE]no lol im going dress shopping sat :)
    Posted by southerncutie[/QUOTE]
    ooooh yay!!! Have fun!  :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yep  honestly not looking forward to it. 
  • yanc.. you are going to be fine... Really... I know your mom will be there with you in spirit...

and honestly... after I went with others.. I really needed that time to go by myself to see EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED... and not get all distracted by what others wanted for me..

and ice....haven't had that moment yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am just starting to talk alterations and I'm scared!  My dress is already tight but I don't want to let it out so I'm in bootcamp mode, but I remember when I tried it on, the woman pulled it really tight like that behind me so I'm not sure if everyone feels squeezed in???

I'm having my train taken off so I'm pretty nervous about that bc I don't know what is involved or how much it will cost...

Glad to hear that your seamstress was able to make it work for you though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE (for April 2013 brides): Bridesmaid dresses Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The whole process scares me half to death.  I had an "AHA OMG" moment when I saw my dress for the first time after it came in and I tried it on. It looked way more "ivory" than the sample.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards