North Carolina
Options

Need some help!

Hey everyone.

Long story short, my fiance' and I have been together for 7.5 years.  yes, 7.5 YEARS.  (I guess we wanted to make sure we were the right ones for each other after having both been married twice before). We finally decided to get married on October 16th, 2011- 6 weeks away or so.

Budget is very limited ($1000 or less).   Guest list is 30 or less. 

I need ideas for a venue.  I was thinking about the Chapel at Tanglewood Park, but not sure what we would do for the reception.   I want to do cupcakes for the reception, but what else can I do?  

I have a dress - bought it years ago when we thought we were going to get married before.   Not doing invitations - word of mouth and email only. 

I need any advice you have.  I have to put this together quick!

Oh...what about photography?  Would love to have photos.

Thanks all.  I'm scatterbrained today.  We just decided on this last night. 

Re: Need some help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where in North Carolina are you located?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    deziner73deziner73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh geez.  Told ya I was scatterbrained.
    Winston-Salem.
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BBQ--very reasonable, if you want food. Pumpkins make good, reasonable decorations, paired with gerber daisies. A friend did this at her October wedding. Lisha Myers in Raleigh is a young, talented & reasonably priced photographer who travels. She may already be booked, but, if not, she's pretty reasonable. Good luck!
  • Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since photography is typically so expensive you might try and book with a student at the School of the Arts there (that's where I graduated from). There are some AH-mazing photographers there and I bet their prices would be significantly lower than booking with a professional. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    crlewis803crlewis803 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since its fall try mums for flowers. Inexpensive and you can have them anywhere. Can't go wrong with BBQ or a fun cook out. I agree with jennieweaver's advice, student photographers can be awesome. Get some recommendations from an instructor.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    deziner73deziner73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I want to thank everyone for their responses.  My FI could see how stressed out I was about this, and we had a long talk about it.  We decided to go to Vegas and get married - just the 2 of us!

We have been together 7 years.  We've both been married twice before.  We want something fun and memorable.  Our families don't care either way. 

So I am off to the Vegas board!

Thank you again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards