Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

DJ scheduling and "Attitude"

Hi -
 I guess I just wanted to vent a bit.  My sister is getting married here in Vegas, she and her FI live in Wales.  So I am doing my best to help her coordinate things on this end.  The venue recommended a DJ, which after a search of the Knot none of the other Vegas Knotties has used, BTW, so I was skeptical.  I sent him an email to see if he had any availabilities.  I got a response that was basically...

No I don't have the date available, the wedding is only 6 months away and I can't believe you would think I would have it open.  I could check with my other DJ friends and see if any of them might have an opening but I doubt anyone will, you might want to look for a different option.

If it was a special date, like valentines, 11-11-11, etc. I might understand the attitude.  But how about just a no, sorry, that would have be enough.  Now my sister is a little concerned she won't find a good DJ.

Anyway I am going to start looking for one for her and this time I'm starting with your recommendations!
Thanks for listening...

Re: DJ scheduling and "Attitude"

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've booked with All Night Long for my wedding.. from the recommendations of many others on this board - you could give them a try?  http://www.goallnightlong.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used all night long and I dont think I booked them until just barely more than six months in advance.  I'd let your sister's venue know the guy was a jerk; maybe they'll stop referring people to him.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also booked with All Night Long, they have been great to work with so far!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a DJ Godzilla bride.  I can't wait to work with him!!

If we didn't pick him, we would have gone with All Night Long, too.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who was the DJ? Might be helpful for other brides to know who to stay away from...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes please share who this DJ was.....I'm in the process of booking one too
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Godzilla, he was great......no attitude at all! So easy going!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what's the point of making this if you're not going to tell who the vendor is?
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    j9lightsj9lights member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    snarky much?

My point was to share an experience will the people who are also planning a wedding in Las Vegas, and to vent a little.  I believe I shared that in the OP.  The name of the company was Boogie Entertainment.  I am not on the site very often and would have replied as soon as I got back on with the name since someone requested it. 
    This DJ may well be a good one I just didn't appreciate the added attitude in his response.

I am sorry if you don't feel my thoughts/vents aren't worth taking up the community space verucasaltytoo.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I will always recommend our DJ, Tony / Pure Energy Productions.  So far I think I'm the only one who has used him on this board, but he was really amazing.  I unfortunately don't know how much he charges as he was included in our package (we had a choice between him and Knight Sounds).  I'm always hoping that someone else will use him, I can't say enough good things about him.
    www.djinlasvegas.com

But it also sounds like you can't go wrong with All Night Long or Godzilla. 

Good luck, I hope you find someone! 

And try not to let snarky comments get to you, most of us knew you were just venting and asking for recommendations.  :)
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I doubt she intended for you to take that so sensitively. We just wanted the company name in conjunction with the unsatisfactory review.
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dj-scheduling-attitude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9354e0da-244e-4641-b89d-b3b531eb57abPost:e8e59dbe-57e3-40db-85e8-f4a50952ea23">Re: DJ scheduling and "Attitude"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I doubt she intended for you to take that so sensitively. We just wanted the company name in conjunction with the unsatisfactory review.
    Posted by AJF021410[/QUOTE]

This exactly. 
    Fuuck your feelings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards