North Carolina
Options

Need help finding a venue

My fiance and I are trying to find a "rustic" venue within 3 hours of Charlotte, NC.  We were hoping for an outdoor ceremony by a beautiful tree and then a reception in a barn in the fall of 2013.  The biggest issue we are having is that we are looking to have the venue, tables, chairs, table service, food and alcohol for $5000 or under.  We expect about 50 guests.  Any suggestions?

Re: Need help finding a venue

• Options
    Have you looked at Tanglewood? I'm not sure the cost but it's really pretty there. They also have a reception barn. Behind the bed and breakfast is a beautiful area that has a brick garden. Have you been there?
  • Options
    My fiance and I are getting married at Winmock at Kinderton .. it is very close to Tanglewood.  It is an old dairy barn they renovated last year to do events.  It is absolutely gorgeous and Tabatha, who we have worked with, is wonderful.  I know there is a smaller barn beside the main loft that might be perfect for 50 guests and is cheaper than the main loft.  Also, if you get married on a Friday or Sunday there it is significantly cheaper and if you get married November through March it is significantly cheaper as well.  We are getting married on a Friday in March and saved $2000 with that alone!  The cost also includes tables and chairs.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Dont know if its too out of the way but look into the lake lure/ chinmney Rock area. We found The Esmeralda Inn, is a little different then your typical venue as you rent the whole inn but if you have guest willing to pay to stay and make a whole weekend out if it. They help with the cost by booking rooms. Very nice if your looking for a rustic elegance theme wedding. The only downside is they book quickly because they only do so many a year. Good Luck!
  • Options
    You should check out Adaumont Farm (http://adaumontfarm.com/). It might be out of your price range by a bit, but the location sounds exactly like what you are looking for. That's where I got married and everything about it was wonderful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards