North Carolina
Options

wedding dreams

Have any strange dreams about your wedding?

I dreamed that I forgot to bring my dress.  And all I had to wear was my favorite (very worn) pair of blue jeans, and my hot-pink Karen Beasley/Topsail Sea Turtle t-shirt.  FI and I were completely fine with this, and the rest of the wedding party was freaking out and took me dress shopping instead of having photos taken before the ceremony.

Your turn.

Re: wedding dreams

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! I recently started having them and now Ihave them all the time! I always dream that either my wedding comes up tomorrow and stuff isn't ready, especially the reception, or I dream that people all leave the reception early to go to other things....like play volleyball- haha! I read in one of my wedding magazines how directly these things are decoded to what is either on our minds or worrying us. I know for sure that I have been thinking a lot about making my reception fun for everyone and how it can stand out from every other one. Sometimes I laugh about the dreams, but some of them wake me up feeling tense!

I hear that they only increase as the big day gets closer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i haven't had any but i am not a dreamer....however, i am convinced my head has turned into a "wedding factory" and sometimes when i am trying to go to sleep it feels the need to work third shift and keep me awake by presenting me with a million things to think about that in actuality i truly don't care about at all!!!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not typically a dreamer either, Amanda.  That's why this one surprised me so much!

It's been my only wedding related dream so far.
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had many. The funniest one was when everyone was freaking out because no one could find the aisle runner. (I'm not even having an aisle runner). People were frantically putting place mats down the aisle so I could walk down it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-dreams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c76e6efa-5cde-4875-8a55-08a23baeb79bPost:86a39e6a-0843-4dc3-9f05-2b2fe1f3b4f1">Re: wedding dreams</a>:
    [QUOTE]however, i am convinced my head has turned into a "wedding factory" and sometimes when i am trying to go to sleep it feels the need to work third shift and keep me awake by presenting me with a million things to think about that in actuality i truly don't care about at all!!!
    Posted by midnite007x[/QUOTE]

This is totally me lately. Thinking about hair, reception ideas, vows, etc. ACK! I just want to get some sleep & my mind just goes over lists of things that I haven't decided on yet. No weird dreams yet, but I am sure they are coming once we get closer. In university, I used to have really weird dreams about organic chemistry right before a big test.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My head was like that last night... I was lying bed from 10:30 til 1..12:47 actually then I quit looking at the clock. Could NOT go to sleep and my head was spinning with wedding related stuff, even what I am going to give the lady who is throwing us a shower in April. Ugh. 

The one dream I have is that I wore a really long veil and someone stepped on it as I was walking down the stairs (before the aisle). My dad and I tumbled all the way down.  Then we sprang up and start dancing... HUH?  I am not even wearing a veil!
  • Options
    jacobrooksjacobrooks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a wedding dream, but it actually ended being very beneficial. I dreamt about my 2nd centerpience which was great because I couldn't figure out a good idea til I dreamed about it.
    **June 19, 2010** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha some of these are great.

I had a dream that the caterer didn't show up with the food so we just had a kegger instead of the reception O_o
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a dream that we spent the whole reception going from tableto table and dealing with details and then suddenly the reception was over and we hadn't gotten to enjoy any of it.  I think it came fro hearing stories about how it goes by in a blur!  Made me realize I am GOING to dance even if that means I make our hellos very short, and I am not going to stress over any details after the reception starts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards