Nevada-Las Vegas

odd idea...but what is the proper way of going about this?

So, we are having a noon reception and expect it to be done by 4pm...Since all of my family and chris' family are traditional, we need the reception to be a bit tighter than I would care for  (if it were up to us, we would be alloped and done by now!)

Chris and I were in vegas in Dec and went to Minus 5 the ice lounge and LOVED it!  We were thinking about doing a post part reception there for the party animals...the only thing is that the cover is $20 a head and $10 a drink.  They offer group rates of about 15% off but even that is a bit pricey for booze in Vegas.

I know chris and I are going to go and have fun, but we cant afford to pay for everyone.  How should we invite them but tell them they need to pay?

Re: odd idea...but what is the proper way of going about this?

• edited December 2011
    You let them no that there is a "No Host" After Party to take place at ______. But to be honest you might want to find something without the cover (Margaritaville, Kuhnaville, etc...) , even though I think it's a neat idea.....
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to a bar after the reception and we called ours an after party.  We didn't directly tell people they had to pay their way but it is after the formal reception and optional to those that want to go.  I think most of your friends and family would know that any events after the reception that involve cover or alcohol would be their responsibility.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most people expect to be on their own for anything after the reception.  If you're feeling really generous, you can buy the first round.

Honestly, people will be more likely to want to continuing hanging with you if the place doesn't have a cover charge.  So you certainly can do the frozen lounge, but realize that a lot of people may opt out even if they're interested in an after party.  Personally, I'd try to find someplace without a cover charge and visit Minus 5 later on your trip.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards