Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

To veil or not to veil...that is the question! what did u guys do?

i like both personally...but i'm still not sure....can u guys post pics in your gowns with or without your veils?

Re: To veil or not to veil...that is the question! what did u guys do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going to wear the veil for the ceremony and then take off for the reception as I've heard it gets in the way when trying to hug people and such. I think the veil is what is really going to make me feel like a bride!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_veil-not-veilthat-question-did-u-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b0e5ff1a-e6ae-481c-9616-86a92c569f66Post:813174e1-df87-4d27-b66c-c364545c976f">Re: To veil or not to veil...that is the question! what did u guys do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm probably going to wear the veil for the ceremony and then take off for the reception as I've heard it gets in the way when trying to hug people and such. I think the veil is what is really going to make me feel like a bride!
    Posted by Natedawg71[/QUOTE]
    this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore mine for the ceremony and then when I changed it came off...
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I initially didn't want a veil, but ended up trying it on with my dress and falling in love. I took it off after the ceremony and pictures though. I didn't think I would want to ever take it off but I actually found it a bit annoying after that.

I would go back and try on your dress with a veil, and several different styles of veils, to see what you feel best in. It really made me feel like a bride too.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are hesitant to go "big" veil, depending on your dress style, you could go with one fo the little clip in hair fascinator style ones...
    I've got one of those for my ceremony, and a feather hair piece for my reception (back at home).

Something like this:
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Flower-Comb-with-Detachable-Facial-Blusher-V7602_Accessories-Veils-Blushers
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Feather-Fascinator-H7546_Accessories-Veils-Blushers

I concurr that having a veil (even a small one) made me feel more "bridal"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a feather fascinator.  It probably got as many compliments as my dress :)  A veil just wasn't for me.  I also got an amazing feather clutch that I carried after the ceremony.  It helped to tie the look into my rather traditional gown.

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore a hat.  I thought about adding a short veil, but it didn't look right, so I just had a long ribbon trailing from it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    jessicademahyjessicademahy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a no veil type of girl
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thought about a veil, but I'm wearing a lace jacket over my dress and thought a veil might make it too busy.  I'm wearing a tiara Laughing
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a veil in the back with a rhinestone headband with feathers on it. I was planning on taking the veil off at the recpetion...but I never did because people said they loved it on! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI told me multiple times that he didn't like veils. Even after I showed him pictures of me wearing one he wasn't feeling it, so I decided not to. Plus the veil I wanted was $300
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Wasn't going to originally, but decided I would feel more like a bride with a veil.  Decided to go with this birdcage veil. I'll be taking it off after the ceremony and post-ceremony pictures. 

• Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to wear the veil for the cermony, and take it off for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think of myself as a veil person. If at the end I decide to go that way I will probably pick a birdcage veil.
    So far I like elaborate silk flowers on combs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't like the idea of wearing one, I was going to only wear a pearl and crystal headband.

When I was doing my second to last fitting with Debi at Fit for a Bride, she convinced me to at least try a little blusher with my headband.  I loved how it looked, so I got it and was very happy I did.

• Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_veil-not-veilthat-question-did-u-guys?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b0e5ff1a-e6ae-481c-9616-86a92c569f66Post:813174e1-df87-4d27-b66c-c364545c976f">Re: To veil or not to veil...that is the question! what did u guys do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm probably going to wear the veil for the ceremony and then take off for the reception as I've heard it gets in the way when trying to hug people and such. I think the veil is what is really going to make me feel like a bride!
    Posted by Natedawg71[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm 100% in agreement with this...I'm doing a fingertip veil, to be exact.</div>
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is my veil...looks much prettier than the pic...hope the link works.  I still can't get it to let me actually post pics

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Apple-Lace-Veil-With-Apple-Ribbon-Edge.-682_Accessories-Veils-All-Veils

It goes perfectly with my dress!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Satin-Split-back-A-line-with-Beaded-Embellishment-9H9274

And my shoes are red (Apple) as well.
  • Options
    annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore a fingertip veil. It went perfect with my dress so I loved it. I planned on taking it off after the ceremony but I ended up wearing it all night. It was comfortable and didn't get in the way. I wanted to take it off and wear a flower on my hair for the reception but I didn't get the chance to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards