Nevada-Las Vegas

Vista Suite Brides-Tips Needed

I'm putting together the last few details (I hope) of this wedding and have a couple questions. We are expecting 50 guests.

How many uplights do you think I will need for this space?

What other rentals such as coolers, tables, additional seating, etc do you recommend?

We hired our own bartender through Absolute and I'm wondering what to do as far as glassware rental. They told me to google how to stock a bar. LOL. Really? I don't want a red solo cup reception.

What other decor did you use, rent, DIY? I'm at a total loss.

Any other tips?

Re: Vista Suite Brides-Tips Needed

• Since I haven't been there I am not sure about what all you need :(

What about buying nice clear plastic glasses (champagne, martini, etc)? It might be too tacky for your taste?! I saw some on oriental trading, which would be fairly inexpensive.

Just from looking at the youtube video of the suite, I think you will need some round tables for ppl to put there food on at least. The bar area looked pretty good, but it might be beneficial to have coolers for drinks like beer or soft drink (which require no mixing) - guests can either get it themselves or your bartender can just access it easily.

• I would rent hightop tables with linens for people to eat and and set their glasses on.

I think Woolard Productions will do a Vista Suite uplight for like $300.

I would also buy a few coolers to have handy. I just used ice from the hotel machines.

If you don't want plastic glassware, I would rent martini glasses, wine glasses, pint glasses and rocks mixers. The amount will just depend on if your guests are beer drinkers or not.

I brought glass small fish bowl candle holders and filled them with glass jewels/beads and put a light up LED ice cube in there so it glowed pink the entire night. They were awesome. I also had some tea lights in fancy fake diamond holders throughout the suite as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    RSVP Rentals will rent the high tops, glassware, etc.   Also, you can get nicer plastic cups - - I've heard some other brides have had success with the website Smarty Had a Party

http://www.smartyhadaparty.com/

They have "elegant disposable" dinnerware, according to their website (not sure if those two words go together, but the stuff on their website looks much nicer than a red solo cup!) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-tips-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b78715f0-88c9-4e99-9b8b-f88130396cebPost:edf7c797-1a59-4357-8062-49779424da76">Re: Vista Suite Brides-Tips Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would rent hightop tables with linens for people to eat and and set their glasses on. I think Woolard Productions will do a Vista Suite uplight for like $300. I would also buy a few coolers to have handy. I just used ice from the hotel machines. If you don't want plastic glassware, I would rent martini glasses, wine glasses, pint glasses and rocks mixers. The amount will just depend on if your guests are beer drinkers or not. I brought glass small fish bowl candle holders and filled them with glass jewels/beads and put a light up LED ice cube in there so it glowed pink the entire night. They were awesome. I also had some tea lights in fancy fake diamond holders throughout the suite as well.
    Posted by klminor17[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get your glass bowls/lights and did you ship them?
  • I bought the jars at Hobby Lobby, but they are just glass tealight "fishbowl" holders you can get anywhere. I ordered the light up ice cubes online. I think I paid like 5 bucks each or something. My mom had the idea and it was so pretty to have them glow throughout the room. I packed them in bubble wrap and had them in my decorations suitcase and it worked perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vista-suite-brides-tips-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b78715f0-88c9-4e99-9b8b-f88130396cebPost:8076276c-425a-4ea5-8d77-2b9e70f3da6a">Re: Vista Suite Brides-Tips Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought the jars at Hobby Lobby, but they are just glass tealight "fishbowl" holders you can get anywhere. I ordered the light up ice cubes online. I think I paid like 5 bucks each or something. My mom had the idea and it was so pretty to have them glow throughout the room. I packed them in bubble wrap and had them in my decorations suitcase and it worked perfectly.
    Posted by klminor17[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
  • kliminor, do you have anymore pics of your reception you can share with me?

• did you bring the decor in your suitcase or did you buy when you got there?
  • I ended up bringing it all in my suitcase. The only thing we bought in Vegas was the alcohol.
  • klminor17 said:

I bought the jars at Hobby Lobby, but they are just glass tealight "fishbowl" holders you can get anywhere. I ordered the light up ice cubes online. I think I paid like 5 bucks each or something. My mom had the idea and it was so pretty to have them glow throughout the room. I packed them in bubble wrap and had them in my decorations suitcase and it worked perfectly.

Do you have any pictures of ur rep insuite and u had a dj??
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards