Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....

We're exploring all our options before committing 100% to a reception and just got my quote from Masterpiece Cuisine.  For 20ppl it's going to be $1,900.  That's $97 per person.  3hrs open bar, gourmet express option- 3 appetizers, full meal (salad, rolls, 2 sides, 2 entrees), and all utensils.  Is that the normal price?  Figure $1900+$670 for a suite and that brings us to almost $3000, for that we can do a private room at a restaurant.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are planning on an in-suite why don't you buy all the alcohol yourself and hire a bartender? Or just serve yourselves since there is only 20 of you. Alcohol really increses your prices and I think you will find if you asked for a quote without alcohol it would be alot less.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Geez, I'm afraid to hear my quote with 75 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

is there a company you would suggest for bartending service?  We're using 20 as a safetey number.  We know that's the minimun that will be attending with the liekly potential of increasing.  Did you buy your liquor at Albertson's or is there a good decent priced store?  What did you do with leftover liquor?  We're flying in, so we cant' bring it on the plane.

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 30 people at our RD and the MC bill was around $1000 (gourmet express with 6 appetizers).  We spent another $500 ish on beer, wine and soda and another $65 for the cake.  Our guests did just fine helping themselves to the beer and wine.  For 20 people a bartender may be an indulgence that could be cut if you can't afford it.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the math and cutting the bartender and alcohol package drops it $1,800!  For that price we would definitely be better off getting our own alcohol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want a bartender, you can still supply your own liquor and hire someone from Absolute Beverage or Culinary Pros. We had 35 people and the bartender was a nice touch
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reviews are several posts down and they go over our bartender and where we bought our alcohol. We used Culinary Pros and they were 25 bucks an hour which I think is very reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You could pack the unused or opened liquor in your suitcase on the way back or ship it. I've never seen a liquor store that takes returns but then again, I wouldn't be returning it anyway.

Some people use Lees Discount Liquor on South Las Vegas Blvd.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:e47bbb10-e4a6-4643-bf78-7811a5d770c1">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could pack the unused or opened liquor in your suitcase on the way back or ship it. I've never seen a liquor store that takes returns but then again, I wouldn't be returning it anyway. Some people use Lees Discount Liquor on South Las Vegas Blvd.
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]
    During our last trip to Vegas, H and BIL went to a Lee's and bought me the wrong box of wine (don't judge).  Tried to take it back to exchange it but they wouldn't do it, said there was some law or something that stated they can't allow returns on liquor.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:a5eabaeb-1a66-45e4-894e-1b1397705c55">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote.... : During our last trip to Vegas, <strong>H and BIL went to a Lee's and bought me the wrong box of wine</strong> (don't judge).  Tried to take it back to exchange it but they wouldn't do it, said there was some law or something that stated they can't allow returns on liquor.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Devastating, I've never had box wine, is it yummy well when you get the kind you like?
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:e87cb312-170c-4866-a590-af419bd15bbc">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote.... : Devastating, I've never had box wine, is it yummy well when you get the kind you like?
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I love it.  I'm a big fan of the Black Box brand, their Cab is pretty yummy.  I know a lot of people still consider boxed wine as white trashy, but it's pretty cheap, a box is = 4 bottles and it stays fresh way longer.  I just love having it on hand when I want a glass or two of wine but don't want to open a bottle...
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:af43d46a-7d8b-4d7d-bcba-d6e661848416">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote.... : Honestly, I love it.  I'm a big fan of the Black Box brand, their Cab is pretty yummy.  I know a lot of people still consider boxed wine as white trashy, but it's pretty cheap, a box is = 4 bottles and it stays fresh way longer.  I just love having it on hand when I want a glass or two of wine but don't want to open a bottle...

I will have to check that brand out.  I see it in the store and just have never thought to buy it.  Ooooo I like the staying fresh longer part too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Masterpiece is catering my reception for 25. I have 9 apps and full bar for 3 hours. We paid $1700. I actually think its a decent price for what we are getting. We ordered the Fruit Platter, Crabcakes, Stuffed Mushrooms, Teriyaki Chicken, Mini Sliders, Cedar Planked Shrimp, Five Cheese Macaroni, Oven Roasted Potatoes and Cheesecake Pops. When you have such a small amount of people it makes the per person seem large because they have a base price they are charging. Like I increased my guest list from 20 and it didnt really make a difference in price. We added the bar package just a few weeks ago. We mentioned we really wanted everything done by the same company and that Absolute qouted us $720. They gave it to us for about the same price (a little cheaper.) Im not factoring in the cost of our room because unlike a private room, you sleeping there as well. I would have loved for the price to be cheaper but I am paying for convience and ambience. Masterpiece has been very professional and generous. You could simply ask them to give you another meal option.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:af43d46a-7d8b-4d7d-bcba-d6e661848416">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote.... : Honestly, I love it.  I'm a big fan of the Black Box brand, their Cab is pretty yummy.  I know a lot of people still consider boxed wine as white trashy, but it's pretty cheap, a box is = 4 bottles and it stays fresh way longer.  I just love having it on hand when I want a glass or two of wine but don't want to open a bottle...

YES!

I love wine, but I tend not to drink anything on weeknights. However, sometimes during the week, I'll want ONE glass with dinner. Maybe once or twice a week. I hate opening a bottle when all I want is one glass (plus if I open a bottle, I am way more prone to drinking way more than one glass!) Black Box rules for this reason!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:af43d46a-7d8b-4d7d-bcba-d6e661848416">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    Black Box brand is LEGIT
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:af43d46a-7d8b-4d7d-bcba-d6e661848416">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote.... : Honestly, I love it.  I'm a big fan of the Black Box brand, their Cab is pretty yummy.  I know a lot of people still consider boxed wine as white trashy, but it's pretty cheap,<strong> a box is = 4 bottles and it stays fresh way longer. </strong> I just love having it on hand when I want a glass or two of wine but don't want to open a bottle...

How long does it stay fresh? I usually buy the huge bottles of Yellow Tail cab or shiraz, if i don't drink it within 48 hours of opening it, it goes bad... I often do, though ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a box of merlot and it was still good THREE WEEKS from when I opened it.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_got-masterpiece-cuisine-quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b881e232-b173-4cc9-a630-41a69428d84ePost:60d17676-0043-4a3e-a30b-d44a3dac691e">Re: Got my Masterpiece Cuisine quote....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a box of merlot and it was still good THREE WEEKS from when I opened it.
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

I'm bad, mine don't usually last that long...
    Married 5.6.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards