Nevada-Las Vegas

First Dance

So just out of curiosity, what is everyone's first dance song??  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: First Dance

• smedina0212smedina0212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are tossed between two. "These are the days" by Van Morrison, or "Oh My Love" by John Lennon. We've always planned on John Lennon..but it's not as easy to dance to as Van Morrison :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We chose Forever by Ben Harper.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    I think it will be God Damn You're Beautiful by Chester See
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    Our first dance was "Better Together" by Jack Johnson followed by a goofy dance less than 2 mins "Viva Las Vegas" by Elivs.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_first-dance-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ba43c485-ee7a-41e1-a345-49363970b0e3Post:68d12426-98e7-4802-b913-57e44b69b5ce">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]We chose Forever by Ben Harper.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

I love this song!

We aren't having a first dance! Though Elvis will sign Viva las Vegas at the end of the ceremony so we may boogy to that.
  • lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "The Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel (from the last legit episode of Scrubs), transitioning into the Michael Buble version of "Sway", provided we can get a little sexy dance routine together...we tried to learn some basic cha cha steps over the weekend and FI got frustrated, haha.
  • edited December 2011
    "You and Me" by Dave Matthews Band
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ours was Make You Feel My Love by Adele. Sin.... I almost chose You and Me, love that song.
  • edited December 2011
    "Best Friend" by Tim Mcgraw... I will be balling my eyes out.. LOL

imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    "Dance Me To the End of Love," originally by Leonard Cohen. I LOVE that song, but it is a bit long, so we found a beautiful cover version by the Civil Wars. A close second was "Time After Time" by Eva Cassidy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgFh1rEr5dM
  • davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "This I Promise You" by Ronan Keating Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also did "You & Me" by Dave Matthews
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking "Spend my life with you" by Eric Benet & Tamia
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was going to be "Just the way you are" by Billy Joel but now that we have decided to learn the Argentine Tango, I have no idea.

However, our pianist will still play that song as the last song of the dinner hour before our 1st dance.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be "So Amazing" by Luther Vandross. Gotta love Lutha (as my mom would say it...not Luther, Lu-tha!) 
  • edited December 2011
    "From This Moment" by Shania Twain. We just love the lyrics.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You.

Honestly I'm more worried about the dance itself than the song lol;we haven't had time to take lessons, practice something ourselves or anything so now that's the only real thing I'm worried about.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• edited December 2011

I havent heard a lot of these songs... going to have to check them out.  I am stuck this.  There are so many great songs!  My FI and I have been together for 19 years and belive or not we have no song!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_first-dance-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ba43c485-ee7a-41e1-a345-49363970b0e3Post:c339a942-5fd3-41ae-95fb-59a724424200">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent heard a lot of these songs... going to have to check them out.  I am stuck this.  There are so many great songs!  My FI and I have been together for 19 years and belive or not we have no song!
    Posted by gilznjennz[/QUOTE]
    We don't have a song either.  Google was my friend.  Something had come up mentioning a different Ben Harper song - I've always been a fan so when I found Forever and listened to it / read the lyrics, I loved it.  DH felt the same way when I played it for him.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_first-dance-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ba43c485-ee7a-41e1-a345-49363970b0e3Post:dfed4bc0-70b5-4a1c-b708-1179be1f8f3d">Re: First Dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]"You and Me" by Dave Matthews Band
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

Ours too, if we do a first dance, it's one of our songs:)
  • edited December 2011
    We are considering Save Me From Myself by Christina Aguilera. I LOVE Christina, have been a huge fan of hers since the beginning, and this song describes our relationship perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't have an official first dance but we both liked the Stevie Wonder song 'All I Do' performed by Wayne Brady and decided that would have been our song.
  • edited December 2011
    "That's all" by Frank Sinatra.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards