Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cakes.... who had fondant???? does it taste good?

i'm debating if i  should have fondant because even though it looks so pretty i'm not sure how it tastes....

Re: Cakes.... who had fondant???? does it taste good?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a very different taste! (Very sweet...IMO) But it can be removed so that you can eat the cake. I only had a little bit to taste, but we had to have fondant to have the cake design we wanted.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is kind of gross.  Like wax & sugar.  But you can peel it off your piece of cake!
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't they sometimes put a layer of regular frosting below the fondant, or couldn't you request that?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'd request  a layer of frosting underneath because fondant is gross. I do not like the tase of it (I actually dont know of anybody who does) But it is beautiful to decorate with.

Anniversary
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm one of the few who actually likes fondant!! That being said, I couldn't eat a whole piece of cake that had it on it; it's too much. Most cakes have a layer of butter cream under neath it anyways, so you should be okay! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They will crumb coat the cake with buttercream before putting the fondant on so the cake is smooth.  We had fondant but I just didn't eat it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate fondant & thinks it tastes horrible.  So although it looks nice I personally can't see myself buying a cake I wouldn't eat just because it looks nice.  (kinda like having roses that dont have a fragrance - what's the point?!?)

On the other hand, I know some cake designs are not possible w/o it, so it you like it, go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tastes like buttered azz but good for decoration.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cakes-fondant-taste-good?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:cc689e37-58a9-4f04-857e-8d8e71c84d69Post:84da1390-7a2f-481d-bb00-4cf515e1bea2">Re: Cakes.... who had fondant???? does it taste good?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tastes like buttered azz but good for decoration.
    Posted by MVJP10[/QUOTE]

<div>this.</div>
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cakes-fondant-taste-good?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:cc689e37-58a9-4f04-857e-8d8e71c84d69Post:84da1390-7a2f-481d-bb00-4cf515e1bea2">Re: Cakes.... who had fondant???? does it taste good?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tastes like buttered azz but good for decoration.
    Posted by MVJP10[/QUOTE]
    That made me LOL.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards